Skip to main content

318 v8 cartridge to spin on oil filter

More
6 years 4 days ago #192169 by Hemi74
Just 1st like to say thanks for all you blokes out there that helped me find parts throughout this rebuild , I have a 318 in the old sled , that has a cartridge style oil filter that dribbles oil , even after new seal etc , now I read a few years back that there is a conversion to go from cartridge to spin on oil filter , to the life of me I cannot find it in here , if anyone has the link to it or knows where to buy one it would be much appreciated cheers brad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 days ago #192170 by fxs80
Was years ago but when I was at Fleetguard(.Kilsyth) we used to get shipments of them for distributors, could try them. Gary

1939 D2

More
6 years 4 days ago #192180 by Lang
Found this on the web.

"Go to a Chrysler or Dodge dealer and purchase the following:
gasket pn 3671314, plate pn 2402103, adapter pn 3671602. This will allow you to use a regular spin on filter such as Mopar #5281090."

Lang

More
6 years 4 days ago #192187 by Hemi74
Part numbers whoo you make my life too easy :) thanks lang , I been looking at the acco butter box assisted power steering conversion for the d5n , anyone in north vic (Broadford area) got one for sale , going to eventually get some alloy wheels for the front custom made and prob need some assistance steering it esp with the trencher on the back , trencher weighs around 4 ton and weight of 318 as well , once finished will organise to bring it on the next run up the Hume

More
6 years 4 days ago #192196 by 600Dodge
You might struggle to find the parts that relate to those numbers. I bought a set up off ebay a few years ago that included a double filter head to suit Z9 ryco filters which are about the cheapest around it came with everything except hoses which are easy to get made up at a hose shop. On the power steering front you might find it cheaper and easier to go electric power steering rather than try to find usable 50 year old acco parts which will almost definitely need work.

More
6 years 4 days ago #192197 by 600Dodge

More
6 years 4 days ago #192198 by Hemi74
Yea electric sounds interesting , page won't work right now but will check it out , are the acco boxes hard to find rebuild bits ??

More
6 years 4 days ago #192199 by Hemi74
600dodge yea you may be right about the relocation kit , most of those part numbers I googled , easy to find in USA , I mean even Walmart has em what is like out bunnings , I threw up some pics of my truck in general truck chat , dunno if right area but can get shifted if need be I suppose

More
6 years 3 days ago #192213 by 600Dodge
Not sure on the acco bits but the electric conversion cuts out oil, pump, extra belts and pulleys, hoses etc and replaces the lot with an electric motor that you can't even see up under the dash and you can adjust the assistance level to suit what you are doing with it, usually by a knob on the dash.

More
6 years 3 days ago #192214 by Hemi74
Sounds very practical but also pricey?? What model acco butter box steering box is the right one to convert to the d5n ? Anyone done this ?? I know any mod isn't 100 % perfect bolt on with no swearing ! But would be interesting to find out what actually needs to be done to get it to fit

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds