Skip to main content

Brake wheel cylinder

More
6 years 4 days ago #192960 by Hemi74
Brake wheel cylinder was created by Hemi74
Got my rear wheel cylinder reco on the 300 series d5n and little did I know it had a fracture in the bleed nipple in casting , I have a 114 at4 out the farm , anyone know if there the same wheel cylinder ? The one from the d5n has Bendix 302857 stamped on it
Cheers brad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 days ago #192961 by Hemi74
Replied by Hemi74 on topic Brake wheel cylinder
They are both full hydraulic set up , no air

More
6 years 4 days ago #192962 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Brake wheel cylinder
Thr brakes are likely Duo=Servo....and the same style of brakes were fitted to most small trucks.,not jappas obviously.....just look for the same bore wheel cylinder.....Your system will be vac boosted with a PBR VH44 booster.

More
6 years 3 days ago #192964 by Hemi74
Replied by Hemi74 on topic Brake wheel cylinder
I ended up drilling it out to and putting a 3/8 unf helicoil in and used some red thread locker on helicoil
Trying to save it , it's anadized with stainless sleeve and alloy pistons

More
6 years 3 days ago #192971 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Brake wheel cylinder
3 series will have much bigger back brakes than 1 series. Sounds like you've rescued it, anyway.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
6 years 3 days ago #192977 by Old Fargo
Replied by Old Fargo on topic Brake wheel cylinder
hello thank you all for your advice, my dodge at4 was finished, road registered, driven and now sold. my health will prevent another project so thanks again cheers (want my user name ask admin if you are allowed its yours)

More
6 years 3 days ago #192981 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Brake wheel cylinder
If you are driving on the road with one wheel cylinder with a cracked bleeder boss,held with a helicoil....you are tempting fate........remember your dodge is only single line brakes.

Time to create page: 0.425 seconds