Skip to main content

Looking for tipping body valve control

More
3 years 9 months ago #212652 by Dave_64
Hi All,
Gradually getting some parts together to suit this Edbro hoist and PTO/pump.
Spoke to Malcolm Nixon up at Wagga this arvo, he reckons he may have the correct gears to suit an NP435 transmission, so that part of it looks like being covered, but still to locate a manual tip control valve. Had two different pump/pto's one unsuitable was on wrong side and upside down, but had valve control built into back part of pump.
Other one I'm trying to use Nixons have correct gears but going to need an actual control valve.
Must be lots of old tipping body stuff kicking around. Lots of electric or air operated valve controls available, NOT what I want!
The original set up had a seperate valve control with a handle that came through the back of the cab and had only three positions, raise, hold and lower. Only a single action Edbro hoist, only powered upwards, used body's own weight to lower but under control. Must have had some sort of built in by-pass for the hyd oil to recirculate back to the tank when PTO engaged, but not actually pressurising the ram.
The ram itself is integral with the oil resevoir, built across the chassis with swivel joints either side. Supply comes straight out of the resevoir via about an inch diam hose,INTO the pump body. Pressure line looks like it came OUT of the end of the pump, TO the manual control valve bolted to the lower rear of the cabin. The actual ram is quite compact, haven't found any numbers on it yet, the truck itself was rated at 5100kg GVW so guessing the tipper body would be at least 3 tonne..
Possibly just about any type of manual control valve (NOT electric or air!) off just about anything would be able to be adapted, even metric fittings can get adapters I reckon. Maybe something like little Japper tipper? Possibly some of the earlier ones had a manual valve that wasn't cable operated. Have to keep this simple because I am but a simple bloke!
Better add that this gear is around 50-60 years old but still serviceable. Bloke told me this arvo that a lot of cockies tippers ran this sort of tipper, either that or the "G Well" type of underbody hoist, bag loaders, log splitters, just about anything that had a simple in/out action but HAD to have a by pass built into the body of the valve itself.
Dave_64

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #212803 by JOHN.K.
The cable control hoist valves were standard ,must be thousands about .......Id be asking around the telehoist repair shops ...they would be more likely to have one than anyone else ,save someone with a truck and hoist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds