Skip to main content

Truck Insurance

More
3 years 4 months ago #216389 by Abbuss
Truck Insurance was created by Abbuss
Does anybody know please of an insurer of privately registered trucks that are just about 25 yrs old and used for recreation and not for business. I drove 3 hours to buy a 1996 Hino Ranger 4x4 tray short wheelbase and spent the day trying to get insurance to no avail. I have a clean record for 50 years. Thanks, Abbuss

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #216395 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic Truck Insurance
Have you tried Shannon's Insurance? I have all my old cars, and had 1 old truck with them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abbuss

More
3 years 4 months ago #216396 by Abbuss
Replied by Abbuss on topic Truck Insurance
Thanks Wannabe, I have my 76 Acco with them. Only just scraped in because of HCVC membership. They advised not to use it for touring. I will give them a go tomorrow.

More
3 years 4 months ago #216397 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Truck Insurance
I have all my old vehicles with Shannons - best insurance company in Australia.

Unfortunately they will not insure non-special interest vehicles on full registration, at least up to mid-this year. Worth a call as they are top people with no questions, instant payout and you keep the wreck. Call to see if they have changed. I believe they are owned by QBE.

Have you tried any of those insurance middlemen companies who advertise on Tv that they can compare prices - the Meerkat mob etc.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Abbuss

More
3 years 4 months ago #216398 by Abbuss
Replied by Abbuss on topic Truck Insurance
Thanks I will give them a go

More
3 years 4 months ago #216401 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Truck Insurance
Lang, I found as long as you have something historic insured with them, they will also do the wife's shopping trolley. I have everything with them, houses included. They also used to do my bike when I rode to work. They will not do our caravan as it's not old enough (1990, might be now?).

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
3 years 4 months ago #216402 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Truck Insurance
Lorry is now with Shannons but the NRMA usedd to do him in the past and he is on full NSW rego not Club.
Trying to think of the Broker mob that covered Lorry for the first 2 years. I thought they were looking after me until I found out different price wise.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 4 months ago #216406 by Lang
Jarrod

Just checked with the secretary and find our normal cars are also with Shannons for third party/property, not full insurance. As you say they require an historic vehicle to be insured to extend the cover (maybe something to do with not competing with their parent company). They will not insure my OKA because it is classed as a motorhome.

Great rates for old cars as we found a request for just third party property insurance was met with an offer for full insurance for the same amount,

When old mate wrote off my 1942 Jeep a couple of years ago I took it on a trailer to their authorised panel shop who sent a few photos to Shannons. Within 30 minutes I got a call to say they were writing it off and please provide bank details. Next morning there was $20,000 in my bank account. They offered to dispose of the wreck or I could keep it, which of course I did.

If you can do a deal with them try to do it!

Lang

More
3 years 4 months ago #216409 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Truck Insurance
I hope your mate has fully recovered from that. Sounded nasty.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
3 years 4 months ago #216410 by Lang
Yeah. 3 months in hospital. Several problems remaining poor bugger.

His own fault, turned around to stop something flapping, pulled the wheel and gracefully flew off a 10 metre high bank at 80kmh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds