Skip to main content

AT4 VDO Temperature gauge

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #236059 by Alan McDonald
Hi I'm chasing a chrome AT4 VDO temperature gauge in good condition to match my current display. does anyone have one that they will no longer be using Thank you Can someone please advise me of where you can place a photo.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Alan McDonald. Reason: Asking how to put a photo on this site

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #236063 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic AT4 VDO Temperature gauge
Is this the type?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan McDonald

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #236064 by Lang
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI am pretty sure they are standard size. You can get them from India as repros. I have used these Indian ones on half a dozen vehicles over the years and they are perfect and trouble free. $93 for the COMPLETE set of 5. You can get them white face as well. They also have repro "Smiths" for Jaguars, minis and other pommy cars for the same price range. The speedo face can have miles, kilometres or both according to your taste.

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH

More
1 year 9 months ago #236065 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic AT4 VDO Temperature gauge
I have a set of gauges (except speedometer) out of an AT4 dodge sitting in the shed. I will have to look in the next day or two to see what brand they are. As mine isn't standard we were having problems matching the voltage from the senders to that wanted by the dodge gauges. Rather than make complicated electrical boxes we went to similar gauges that worked with our senders as we couldn't find senders that fitted the engine etc that worked with our gauges.To add a photo you will see a button marked Attachments below the box where you write the text. so
1) press attachments and an add files button will appear.
2) press add files and select the photo you want to add and press open.
3) under the photo you will see a button marked insert. press that
4) the photo appears in your post like this

this is a picture of my gauge setup.
Note the anciliary gauges are 3mm smaller than the dodge ones so we had a new faceplate. If you look at the top right we decided a small tachometer was more useful then an amp gauge.
Here is a photo of the whole vehicle. There is a build thread on this forum showing the full build details back in 2020/21

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #236066 by Lang
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHere are the Smiths instruments - only $70 for the whole lot even have correct backwards speedo and tacho. You can get them black or white face.

Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Lang.

More
1 year 9 months ago #236067 by Alan McDonald
Yes that's what I've got Thanks Lang How do you put a photo on this site

More
1 year 9 months ago #236068 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic AT4 VDO Temperature gauge

Yes that's what I've got Thanks Lang How do you put a photo on this site
look at the post I put up the answer is there

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #236069 by Alan McDonald
This is what I have I just want the temperature gauge to keep original Thanks everyone for your assistance.

You were very close, you sected your photo ok, just gotta click INSERT to get it in the frame.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Sarge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 9 months ago #236071 by Blackduck59
Sure I have one stashed somewhere, have moved house and things are boxed up all over the place. just need to figure where to look.
Cheers Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan McDonald

More
1 year 8 months ago #236711 by Blackduck59
Found 1 gauge, unfortunately it has a white pointer. 1.5M capillary.
Cheers Steve

Time to create page: 0.595 seconds