Skip to main content

Fire Extinguishers

More
13 years 8 months ago #32959 by Old AB
Replied by Old AB on topic Re: Fire Extinguishers
Would have near cooked the mouse to Bro.

Keep old inters alive.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #32960 by Intermodel63
Replied by Intermodel63 on topic Re: Fire Extinguishers
Castrol/BP are now putting "Do Not Cut" warnings on their 44's now.

More
13 years 8 months ago #32961 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Fire Extinguishers
They must have read Andy's post on this forum! :D

Now if they are really reading this how about a fuel discount for us old truck nuts! ;)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
13 years 8 months ago #32962 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Fire Extinguishers

They must have read Andy's post on this forum! :D

Now if they are really reading this how about a fuel discount for us old truck nuts! ;)

What do you reckon Bruce . Should only pay the price that fuel was when the truck was new .;/ Ian .

More
13 years 7 months ago #32963 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Re: Fire Extinguishers
Hello, Off topic, however my Guy was owned by Alan Smith of Buntine, he could take an 18 ft double deck of sheep to Midland saleyards then fuel up at Gingers Upper Swan 175 miles [300 ks] cost 31 shillings and sixpence.
Now to my suspect maths. Truck does 14 mpg loaded so it would use 12.5 gals [57ltrs] I get 2&6d per gal =5.55 cents per litre.
I remember travelling to the Pilbara 1966, petrol was 5 shillings a gallon, nearly double what we were used to. Cheers, David

13 years 4 months ago #32964 by
Replied by on topic Re: Fire Extinguishers
Well, here's another one caught again, cutting open a 200 litre drum. I hope Joe saw this.
A little Tamil bloke, working for a local powdercoating mob, set to with an angle grinder, last Wednesday morning, to rip the top off a 200L drum .. and paid the ultimate price.
I'll wager there'll be hell to pay now, over Diamond Powdercoaters, safety training deficiencies .. :(

www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/worker-loses-...-20101129-18d5k.html

13 years 4 months ago #32965 by
Back to the original topic

Fire extinguishers were for sale as Sandown last weekend very cheap.

www.rescue1.com.au

jai@rescue1.com.au

He also sells flashing led lights/first aid kits and does first aid training, great bloke to talk to.

Trevor

13 years 4 months ago #32966 by
Have heard of a bloke using a can of beer apparently give her a shake, just crack it so it foams nicely and aim it, CO2. Also used to work well with the missus, just tell her your getting a half dozen fire extiguishers ;D :D

More
13 years 4 months ago #32967 by grumpy
Replied by grumpy on topic Re: Fire Extinguishers
Dry powder is good but you gotta take the extinguisher outa the truck every couple of weeks and give it a good shake. If you don't do this, all the powder settles and packs in the bottom of the extinguisher from all the road vibrations and stuff, and when you go to use it, all that comes out is the gas (usually nitrogen).

More
13 years 4 months ago #32968 by grumpy
Replied by grumpy on topic Re: Fire Extinguishers
It would have to be a real bad expensive type fire to even consider wastin' a can of beer on it.

Time to create page: 0.447 seconds