Skip to main content

Perkins dot 4 info

More
15 years 8 months ago #3405 by Inta ACCOs
Hi everyone,

My Acco 1830/B had the original D358 ditched for what I was told was a 185 HP turbo dot 4 Perkins.

I'm curious as to where the engine may have originated from. I download a PDF document that helps you identify your Perkins engine but I'm pretty sure the engine number is hidden behind the air compressor as that is where it tells me it should be. The rego papers still have the original Inter motor serial as this is part of the reason I want to know (so I can change it).

I have found the engine block number: 37114960-1

The other reason is that I'd like a proper radiator hose kit as they'll probably need replacing before summer. The current ones look like a someone tried to match something close. I know that Wagga Tractors sell kits for the 1850 Accos.

The other thing I'd like to know is the official horsepower rating. I know this may vary as they they made thousands of these and probably in different countries over a number of years. Peter's ACCO book suggests the the 1850s from the C and D series had a 150 hp and that feels more like the horsepower of my motor.

It's definitely not a later Phaser motor as there no sort of intercooler on there.

I've attached a photo from the injector pump side.

Would love to hear from any Perkins gurus out there.

Cheers,
Joe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3406 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Perkins dot 4 info
Dont know have a lot of detail on them Joe, I do have a road test article from 1982 when they were introduced in the ACCO C . Power is given as 150hp @ 2600 and 498Nm of torque @ 1500

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #3407 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Perkins dot 4 info
Joe,

All Perkins engines came out as either a Dot 1, 2, 3 or 4 but were marketed by individual models - your Acco has a 6.354 Dot 4... hence the engine number should begin with TC - when you find it, please forward it to me via this forum and I will interpret it for you!

The number you have given us is just the block casting number - I could be wrong though!

Joe Hupp
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by huppypuppy.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3408 by kennymopar
Replied by kennymopar on topic Re: Perkins dot 4 info
i have a perkins 6.354 turbo fitted in a old acco (was originally a 345 V8 petrol)..i believe the perkins was out of a 1988 acco...the motor has heaps of grunt..it has a T3 or T4 turbo(it could be phaser motor for all i know)..much more power & torque than the neuss D358 turbo i had

More
15 years 8 months ago #3409 by huppypuppy
Kennymopar,

If you want, could you forward me your email address in a PM - I have an brochure from Allight, the Perkins distributor in NSW that would be able to help you ID your engine!

Joe

PS: That could be one of three engines - wait until I send the ID brochure so you can confirm it for me!

More
15 years 8 months ago #3410 by Inta ACCOs
Replied by Inta ACCOs on topic Re: Perkins dot 4 info

Dont know have a lot of detail on them Joe, I do have a road test article from 1982 when they were introduced in the ACCO C . Power is given as 150hp @ 2600 and 498Nm of torque @ 1500

Peter, is there anyway you can scan this article and send it to me or post it online somewhere? Would be interested in having a look.

Cheers,
Joe

More
15 years 8 months ago #3411 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Perkins dot 4 info
No problems Joe, send a PM or email to me so that I have your email address. Cheers Pete

15 years 8 months ago #3412 by
Replied by on topic Re: Perkins dot 4 info
Hi Joe i belive the best man to talk is the Perkins man Mick Umback all he does is fix Perkins and all his parts come from Perkins.

Mick Umback (HCVC member) Phone 0269202190 and he is at The Rock NSW.

Web site. www.therocktractorservice.com.au
Email therocktractorservice@hotmail.com Dave

More
15 years 8 months ago #3413 by huppypuppy
Hey Deadly,

Mate, this also helps me with Perkins parts for our crappy old Chamberlain tractor!

Joe

More
15 years 8 months ago #3414 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Perkins dot 4 info
Joe,

Your not being disrespectful about one of the only real things that was ever made in this country are you.

Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds