Skip to main content

D5n 700 series front brakes

More
15 years 4 months ago #5925 by sidey
Just wondering if anyone can tell me where i can source some front brake cylinders for a 700 series prime mover , I am restoring a 1978 model single drive , starting from the ground up .I'm in Queensland .Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #5926 by kennymopar2
do you know what front axle yours had? also are they hydrolic or full air brakes
cheers ken

More
15 years 3 months ago #5927 by JimmyDodge
Hi Sidey , I hope some one has an answer for you and possibly me I !
I also own a Dodge 700 which also needs major work, most possibly brakes in my rebuild .
My clutch slave cylinder has seized up, and my local brake shop said I can have it resleeved with a stainless steel sleeve which will then last that long, I can will it to my grandkids.
the downside is, it costs about $ 120.00 to do.
Going by my service manual ,each wheel on a Dodge 700 has 2 wheel cylinders, this could work out to be rather expensive , if we cant find a substitute, you are lucky yours is a single drive, mine's a bogie!
I think I need a cup of tea and a good lie down :(
regards Harleigh

More
15 years 3 months ago #5928 by kennymopar2
have you made any progress with your 700 series yet Harleigh?
mine is "almost" ready for the road ...at least now with the cheap fuel prices i can afford to run a truck as a everyday sort of vehicle
cheers ken

More
15 years 3 months ago #5929 by sidey
Thanx for the replies guys , ended up goin to Brake World in Toowoomba and they did the 4 of them for about 300 bucks and they were very ugly to start with but came back better than new with stainless sleeves.

More
15 years 3 months ago #5930 by JimmyDodge
G' day all, thats good news about the wheel cylinders, Sidey, might have to give them a call myself, wonder if they'll do me a deal... I take it that includes the rubbers etc in the price.
What power plant is under the bonnet of your D5N mate , I would love to see some pics if you have some.
Hi Kenny, mate haven't done much to my old girl, as I said in another post I am really waiting until I get my shed built then I hope to get serious with it. Hopefully I will get the shed done early next year.
I have got a few parts off ebay,for it,so gathering a few bits in preparation for the 'rebuild'
best regards Harleigh.

More
15 years 3 months ago #5931 by kennymopar2
its sounding likes his is a detroit powered beast .. i just got a old AT4 (half cut)361 5 speed with joey box ..ya have to be in the rite place at the rite time !

More
14 years 11 months ago #5932 by salesguy

its sounding likes his is a detroit powered beast .. i just got a old AT4 (half cut)361 5 speed with joey box ..ya have to be in the rite place at the rite time !

Wouldn't happen to have step tanks by any chance, kenny?

By the way, I've still got that roo bar, I'll swap for a really good standard front bar if you've got one...

1971 Dodge AT4 690H &&1961 Imperial Crown Coupe

More
14 years 11 months ago #5933 by kennymopar2
na no step tanks (bugga!)also no front bar or much interior ..i mostly got it for the joey box..the panels are rust free just a couple of bumps and scratches here and there

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds