Skip to main content

Caltex paint Color codes

More
15 years 4 months ago #6151 by monty
Hi All.

Just wondering if any of you fine folk would know the paint color codes for the old caltex cream and white trucks, or where to point me in the right direction.

Massive thanks. ;)

Monty

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago #6152 by
Replied by on topic Re: Caltex paint Color codes
The way I would go about it, is to make a phone call to the refinery at Kurnell, N.S.W., or Lytton, QLD, start by asking if they have a maintenance workshop for the trucks on site. If they have got one, or even if they had an on-site workshop, then just ask that question and you may just happen to get the correct answer.

regards greenie

15 years 4 months ago #6153 by
Replied by on topic Re: Caltex paint Color codes
Dulux Auto paints was the main supplier of paints back in 30's thru to the 70's so why not try them for the codes they may just have them. Dave

More
15 years 4 months ago #6154 by monty
Replied by monty on topic Re: Caltex paint Color codes
Thanks all. ;)

More
14 years 6 months ago #6155 by boc2009
I got hold of an old Dulux colour code book earlier this year. I have looked, but I am unable to locate any specific white, ivory or cream colour for Caltex. I did locate the following that may be of some assistance. Caltex Red (old) 00809. Caltex Blue (old) 08309. Caltex Aviation Blue 14703. These are older paint codes and are listed very early in the book. In around 1974/75 the following codes show. Caltex Designated Red 17627. Caltex Designated Blue 17628 and Caltex Designated Green 17629. Hope this information is useful.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6156 by monty
Replied by monty on topic Re: Caltex paint Color codes
Hey BOC2009.

Thanks for replying mate, maybe those other codes will come in handy in the future for me or someone else.

since then have got the correct code and the name of the paint, the cream is called Caltex Vellum the local automotive paint shop had the correct details which was handy, went to one and no F**ken idea but luckily this one had.

this is a link to my flicker site that has all the pick of the paint job i did on my old girl www.flickr.com/photos/monty-13/

enjoy.

-Monty ;)

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds