Skip to main content

Insurance for Older Trucks

More
15 years 3 months ago #6654 by Sarge
Thankyou all,
I took the easy option, Shannons were the first to answer the phone, comprehensive insurance with a value of $5000 was only 50 cents per day ($176) 8-)
Third party only was not a lot cheaper and this includes a free windscreen replacement anually ;)

I think I will manage to get away with that... :-/

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #6655 by
Replied by on topic Re: Insurance for Older Trucks
Glad you worked it all out Sarge.

Bparo my inter is only insured for market value. So probably not insured for much! ;D

The Thorny even when insured with RACV was agreed value. But was a vintage policy similar to Shanons. That is limited use so not approriate for the inter.

Originally Shannons use to give me a good deal. So at one stage moved all my insurances over to shannons and their main broker oamps. But the cost ended up being to high. Especially when I tried to change my policy to being a pay by the month. Just got to expensive. So returned to RACV. Very happy since then.

Having said that I have been researching insurance to cover my steam portable when it is in transit and storage. Also cover it if it gets damaged or damages property by falling off the back of a truck! ;D . The only company that appears to be interested is Shanons.

15 years 3 months ago #6656 by
Replied by on topic Re: Insurance for Older Trucks
Hi folks i have had Shannons on my fleet at one but after Robert Shannon pass away prices sky rocketed so now have the 34 Bedford with RACV and are more than happy as they have towed me couple of times and will tow me from anywhere in Aust. Dave ;)

More
15 years 3 months ago #6657 by HeyCharger
I've got my Mack B61 (on club plates) with Shannons on full insurance. Can't complain at all. I also have my EL falcon and Charger with them as crash only (ie 3rd party property).
I believe the NRMA are trying hard to get their slice of the market in this vintage area.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

More
15 years 3 months ago #6658 by bparo
HeyCharger,

I would revisit the insurance on you charger for some form of comprehensive insurance. Its current value may surprise you

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
15 years 3 months ago #6659 by HeyCharger

HeyCharger,

I would revisit the insurance on you charger for some form of comprehensive insurance. Its current value may surprise you

Yes and thanks. That has been on my mind lately as value is increasing. I will be painting it soon - not concourse, just a tidy up, so will look at comprehensive. Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

More
14 years 10 months ago #6660 by cribotow
give Shannons a call they did my old D5N 500 dodge tow truck and the little 329 jobby as well only couple of hudred bucks a year for 3rd party its for limited use they dont specify what limited use is? i figure once a week is limited! never had anything fall of the back to find out how good this policy was! will use them for my big at4 675 tow truck as well.........

&&Grasp

More
14 years 10 months ago #6661 by Andy Wright
Limited use as per my Shannons set up was 5,000 kms if I remember correctly.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 10 months ago #6662 by monty
NRMA is a pain in the arse, wanted to know the weight and a heap of other shit took 3 days to get a figure and it was for a lesser amount only $12000 bit was cheeper, shannons sorted on the spot with the amount i wanted and i was not expensive, i can in crease the value and the price wont go up, thats what a number other members have.

-Monty ;)

More
14 years 10 months ago #6663 by Sarge
My Shannons policy is for limited use (their wording might have been occassional or something similar) I told them that use of once a month would be realistic but sometimes it might be on the road for a week at a time.... more than happy with the arrangement, and price.

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds