Skip to main content

Inter AB160 Details

More
14 years 10 months ago #8481 by Westy
Inter AB160 Details was created by Westy
G'day all, I have just purchased and Inter AB160 Petrol Tipper and am trying to find details of the engine and any other details at all that i can on this old truck. If any one can help me out or point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated, Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #8482 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Inter AB160 Details
hi they are a nice truck ..does it have the 6 cyl? or the V8 (im guessing the 6 281ci)

More
14 years 10 months ago #8483 by Westy
Replied by Westy on topic Re: Inter AB160 Details
yes its a 6 cylinder petrol, i am yet to pick it up, got it for a bargain at a farm clearing sale - do you know the size of engine and type of gearbox these trucks have?

More
14 years 10 months ago #8484 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Inter AB160 Details
the inter motors type & size can be determined by the 1st 6 letters of the engine number/ to give some examples mine is an ASD240 which means Australian Silver Diamond of 240 cubic inches capacity. JBlairs starts AGD240 which is Australian Gold Diamond of 240 Cubic Inches.

Australian means cast in Geelong and assembled in Australia. The American equivalents are SD240 or GD240.

My guess is yours is likely to start AGD240 or AGD264 which is 240 or 264 cubic inches respectively.

Of course it may have been remotored so check the number on the motor matches the number on the build tag on the firewall.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 10 months ago #8485 by Westy
Replied by Westy on topic Re: Inter AB160 Details
Thanks bparo, Sorry but just found out that the details i have recieved for the truck are incorrect and its and AB180 not a 160, any help would be great thanks

14 years 10 months ago #8486 by
Replied by on topic Re: Inter AB160 Details
Westy,

Haven't been on lately so almost missed this post :o

Engine size there was options of different sizes and same with gearbox. For example my AB151 has the 240 Ci (like bparo mentions) (There was (from memory) 3 sizes of 6cyl 240,260 and 280) and has the 4 speed manual gearbox. Both of which are at the start of the choices (poverty pack ;D).

Some options were dependent on the series however. I will check my info at home and see if there was anything special for the 180 series.

More
14 years 10 months ago #8487 by Coupeute
Replied by Coupeute on topic Re: Inter AB160 Details
180's would be on spyder rims & probably have a two speed diff. Two places to keep an eye on are of course ebay. There is Wagga tractor & Truck that do a lot of Inter stuff. They are a great tuff looking truck in this size. The big petrol one my Dad drove when I was younger had a great exhaust note.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
14 years 10 months ago #8488 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Inter AB160 Details
As far as I know there were three factory versions the AB182, the ABT182 (with factory lazy axle) and the AB184,. Engines were the 6-282, the V345, the Perkins 6-354 and the C160 Cummins. Four or five speed box and 2 speed diff. Perkins would be my first choice.

More
14 years 10 months ago #8489 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Inter AB160 Details
the 6 cyl motors are easy to up the hp a little ..twin carb manifolds come up on Ebay often ..also extractors are easy to come by . . didnt some of those early inters have a overdrive 5 speed ?

More
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #8490 by huppypuppy
Replied by huppypuppy on topic Re: Inter AB160 Details

Thanks bparo, Sorry but just found out that the details i have recieved for the truck are incorrect and its and AB180 not a 160, any help would be great thanks

Westy, bparo, et. al,

If it's a AB180, wouldn't there be a V8 petrol involved in the mix somewhere??? Possibly the V392?? I know of a AB180 which has a V8 petrol engine and 5 speed gearbox/2 speed diff in it! And they would ride on 9.00R20 tyres on spider rims and hubs!

Joe
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by huppypuppy.

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds