Skip to main content

903 Cummins R200

More
10 years 7 months ago #125370 by binder
Replied by binder on topic Re: 903 Cummins R200
bongo re peter swane kw nth dubbo

heading out of dubbo on the newell back then towards gil

was on the right the golden fleece truck stop then a paddock then ALLFARM then SAXTON IHC then PETER
SWAYNE MACHINERY KW

those 3 companys were commonly known as

nth dubbo butchery -saxtons circus - and - peter swines manadgery !!!!

I ended up with a bogie jaymor tippin trailer back then and was doin a bit for grove truck sales so they tipped me into a repo 3070 pretty cheap I got 1-2 nights a week
takin spent brewery grain to a feed lot at Canowindra and pebbles out of cowra back and I ran across that r200 a few times between Bathurst n Lithgow , it would go the front road and I was allways fat so up scenic and down bells line . I would hit the hair pin at the bottom of scenic in 3rd middle box in the 15 r/r and as the bogie bit into the corner ide grab 2nd deep! it was a long climb to the top but no matter how much boondie I had on that 903 loved that sprocket!!!

you have mention grimo a few times and the grey cells are blinkin so fill me in????

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #125371 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: 903 Cummins R200
Bongo .
can you tell me if it had a peterbilt radio in it
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by melonreo.

More
10 years 7 months ago #125372 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: 903 Cummins R200
Bongo

you must of owned it when these pictures were taken, by me some time in the early 90,s at Barmedman NSW. it has the RS --- number plate
[IMG

More
10 years 7 months ago #125373 by bongobob mc licence
detective . yer buddy and thanks 4 tha welcome mate all good ;D

More
10 years 7 months ago #125374 by bongobob mc licence
st who is that ?i owned it than n yer it barmedmon i was either on my way to or from west wylong RTA to get a permit to driv it to tas unreg had just spent 2months wif my mate ken young at brribbrey truck wreckers he gave me tha tray ta load my stuff up at wodonga to move to tas will all be revealed in final chapter of her life ;D ;)

More
10 years 7 months ago #125375 by bongobob mc licence
no doutadught binda i hav few stories about runnin fat realy fat on tha bell my self only goin west not east i use to run perth late 70s early 80s n tha thankless so n so wld not let us out tha yard under 35ton mostly 35...38 sumtimes 40 my best ever was 52 out of esprence WA realy stupid concidering tha rates inever seen top gear till norsman i never got 10 klm n iwas sorry iput it on LOL getting bak to oi girl umust hav seen it round lithgo pre 86 87 before grimo salvaged it from heavy duty trucks did it hav tha box on it wher u were passing it out there? ;)

More
10 years 7 months ago #125376 by bongobob mc licence
hey melon re peterbuilt radio no it didnt but u must hav spoken to me or strange u should ask that question so be 4 i ans it tell what made u ask that coz it had sumthing in it that i put in from a peterbuilt that not hardly anybody wld know adout :o

More
10 years 7 months ago #125377 by bongobob mc licence
binda re whos grimo? grimo is tha bloke that got it off heavy duty in bits put tha box on it worked it 4 a short time then sold it to me Ron grimson do u know him?

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #125378 by binder
bongo ya given my memory a bloody good test mate!!!
I do remember it blowin wind up me ar$e on the drag to Yetholme - lambie and tunnel hill it couldn't bag me up!
but I certainly couldn't shake it!!!!!!! I never had the money to turbo that acco but I had the wick wound up on the squirtters n pump!!!!back then I put it down to the aero dynamics of that buck acco which was about the same as a garden shed?? but now I think about it every time I did a job for paddy dunn hack was into
my can of fuel pump buttons?!?!?! good times mate!!
and the only sin back then was getting caught!!!!
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by binder.

More
10 years 7 months ago #125379 by binder
bongo yeah I knew ron grimson ,as for it havin a box on it then??? my memory tells me just a plain green 200 with the cab jacked up for hacks insertion of the 903 but theres been a few stubbies since then mate so don't quote me

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds