Skip to main content

ford w1000

More
9 years 3 months ago #153010 by 352rhd
ford w1000 was created by 352rhd
does anyone have anything they'd like to share on the handful of ford w1000's that were under Australian evaluation in the late 60's/early 70's?heggies tpt Wollongong had one on float work.it was a day cab,powered by a gm.i noticed it had a hastings deering dealer badge on it,obviously they handled all the big ford stuff.maybe they were the ones that spearheaded the import of these trucks?surely there must still be something floating around?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #153011 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Re: ford w1000
I photographed the Ford W 1000 in 1971 at Heggie's Bellambi yard. I believe it was not owned by Heggie's but contracted to move a Bucyrus shovel to Bega. Heggie's attempt to diversify, they started another company called CANDIG P/L. to mine sand? at Bega and then process it at Bellambi in a shed leased to a man who unfortunately died before the processing plant was finished. I worked for Heggie,s for 7 years and never saw or heard any mention of this rare Ford again.

More
9 years 2 months ago #153012 by Kav
Replied by Kav on topic Re: ford w1000
Hi all, in January 1974 I saw one of them in Cairns, working up there but I have never seen one since. - Kav.

More
9 years 2 months ago #153013 by 352rhd
Replied by 352rhd on topic Re: ford w1000
Hi kav,I used to work in Tully about 15years ago and heard of one near Atherton on a shed.but I never persued it.I now live in Wollongong and never get up that way.

More
9 years 2 months ago #153014 by f700
Replied by f700 on topic Re: ford w1000
Hi, I came across a W1000 Ford daycab with an 8v71 at Lake Conjola N.S,W.about 20 years ago . It was painted white and had accident damage to one side. There was also another one there but it was a sleeper cab . The one with the sleeper cab was painted red and was in pretty good condition but the 8v71 engine was out of it and sitting on the ground in front of the truck. It had a very plush interior with integral air conditioning. They weren't for sale at the time. (we tried to buy them) but they were gone a couple of years later and I was told they had been sold and had gone further down the south coast near Narooma. I think I have some photos of them and if I can find them I will attempt to post them up.

More
9 years 1 month ago #153015 by Rob W
Replied by Rob W on topic Re: ford w1000
I stand to be corrected but I think that Cecil Venables of Cooma NSW operated one of these Fords around the very late '60s & into the '70s. He was mainly involved with live stock transport. The truck was red, as were all of his vehicles, & single drive. It could of replaced an AEC Ergo? single drive purchased new in the mid 60s?. He mainly used Internationals (AB182s? Petrol V8s) in the "60s.

Someone from that area might know more. Cecil passed away about 10 or more years ago & his son Ted about 8-9 years back.

Rob W

Dodge AT4-7D Series Model 775, 1971 VH Valiant Ute,

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #153016 by stuckingear
Replied by stuckingear on topic Re: ford w1000

I think I have some photos of them and if I can find them I will attempt to post them up.

wow would be cool to see some more pics of the W1000
Ive seen Xspanrmans B/W pic with i think a candig excavator(not sure can only see the rear of it)

While every care has been exercised in compiling and publishing the data contained in this post

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
8 years 10 months ago #153017 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic Re: ford w1000
I remember seein one of those cab over Fords (new) in Hasting Deerings yard , Parramatta Rd lidcombe.

many, many, moons ago. It was white with a light blue stripe, and had an 8/71 on board.

The story goin round ,was, that they sold it to someone, then got into strife with the Ford Motot Co

who said that was for demo only , definately not to be sold ..........(too late he cried).
................Billy................

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

8 years 10 months ago #153018 by
Replied by on topic Re: ford w1000
Found this while having a quite time over the weekend

The only "The President Hotel Motel" I could find was at Belrose in Sydney's
Northeast suburbs,Looks like the place on maps.

A 1971 Ford Australia Truck Brochure.

Thanks to Sunshine for the W series Pic and to any other contributor.

Loosley. :) ;)

8 years 10 months ago #153019 by
Replied by on topic Re: ford w1000

I photographed the Ford W 1000 in 1971 at Heggie's Bellambi yard. I believe it was not owned by Heggie's but contracted to move a Bucyrus shovel to Bega. Heggie's attempt to diversify, they started another company called CANDIG P/L. to mine sand? at Bega and then process it at Bellambi in a shed leased to a man who unfortunately died before the processing plant was finished. I worked for Heggie,s for 7 years and never saw or heard any mention of this rare Ford again.

You Know Thanks To All.
Loosley. :) ;)

Time to create page: 0.725 seconds