Skip to main content

Nubley Brothers Transport. Fairy Meadow

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #185687 by Kav
If you were only going to cart 12 Tons then you would tie a gate across about 8 or 10 feet from the front and another one down the back and fill each of them up and had nothing in the middle of the trailer so you didn't have as much shovelling. A lot of trailers only had the trapdoors at the front and the back. 12 tons along the full length of a 37 foot trailer would be less than 2 feet deep and that made too much shovelling. - Kav.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Kav.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #185688 by Lang
Yes, I certainly remember the shoveling! It was a one off impromptu load of opportunity and I did not know what I was doing.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Lang.

More
6 years 8 months ago #185689 by xspanrman

Oilman wrote: They must have been really keen to keep that R190 on the road with 2 repowers!

I recall local truck body builder/welder Eric Flynn telling me that Nubley's asked him to repair the chassis on the R190 some time after the V8 Perkins was fitted. He advised them not to do it as in his words the chassis was shattered, not just one crack.

If you look at the front of Nubley's tipping trailers , you will notice that they were made with round corners. Maybe to improve the aerodynamics at the front of the trailer or to increase clearance between the truck and trailer. I imagine the cost of building the trailers with round corners would have been more expensive than building them with square corners.

More
6 years 8 months ago #185718 by Swanny
Liked the old KW with the Seattle door handles early model B) :)

More
6 years 8 months ago #185719 by Swanny
And short grab rails

More
6 years 8 months ago #185736 by Southbound
These are great old photos XSM. B) Thanks for putting them up for us to enjoy. Looks like the R190 was a very popular truck. :P

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
6 years 8 months ago #185741 by Swanny
Maybe the old KW was one off the first imports .Werkhorse might be able to get some info on it

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #185779 by werkhorse
Swanny .... Looks to be one of 2 they had

109902 or 109959 both 8V71 and RTO913

902 was delivered March 68 and 959 April 68

;) B)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by werkhorse.

More
6 years 8 months ago #185783 by Swanny
Werkhorse was any of the early KW's fitted with cummins motors &spicer transmissions

More
6 years 8 months ago #185794 by werkhorse
Quite a lot... Even a Cat or two.... But GM seemed the preferred engine

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Time to create page: 0.587 seconds