Skip to main content

Nubley Brothers Transport. Fairy Meadow

More
6 years 8 months ago #185796 by Swanny
Thanks mate , A good relo if mine drove one off the early model KWs for a guy doing Bris Syd Melb it was fitted with i think a 350 cummins & a twin stick spicer, just a basic green colour no scroll work or stripes pulling a 36 ft flatbed trailer with gates & tarps just doing general freight B) :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #185798 by werkhorse
It'd be a 335 back then..... I can see quite a few 335/spicers early on ....250 was more popular to begin with. ;)

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
6 years 8 months ago #185801 by Swanny
Now you mention it i think it might have been a 250 been wrong a few times brain cells not what they used to be , Misses always sayes I'm wrong a lot :P :( :evil: lol

More
6 years 8 months ago #185813 by werkhorse
can you remember the company name ????

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
6 years 8 months ago #185815 by Swanny
I will ask him tomorrow :) I think it was Jack something but will get the answer

More
6 years 8 months ago #185856 by Swanny
rang him tonight the truck did have a 335 cummins and the owner's name was John Grimm, we had a bad mobile connection so i hope that was his name

More
6 years 8 months ago #185858 by werkhorse
Well Swanny ... Only one I can find that matches your description is 400344 ... An early Aus built truck.... Delivered 30/10/72 ... ...8516-3A ... FF921TW front axle... SSHD @ 5.29 TBB and 153" wheelbase

More
6 years 8 months ago #185867 by Swanny
That would be the one because he was driving for that owner in the early 70s
The following user(s) said Thank You: werkhorse

More
5 years 8 months ago #195206 by xspanrman
Photo credit RTerry Keltez W.A. Near Newcastle 1981.
I showed this photo to Geoff Nubley and remembers Nubley Bros brought this N10 as a single drive and sent it to Nowra to have a bogie drive fitted. When Nubley Bros ceased trading the truck was then owned by Permian Transport of Nth Wollongong who sold out to South Coast Equipement.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred in Geelong, PaulFH

More
5 years 8 months ago #195207 by Swanny
Looks like the old beddy from NSW Rail was bagging them all up ,bet the driver was having a big grin :woohoo: :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds