Skip to main content

Overlander's old Photos

More
2 years 6 months ago #227255 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Overlander's old Photos
Greetings. I've only a few more weeks of photos that are worth posting but we'll plod along for now. The M A N fuel tanker was taken in Blaney [main street I'm guessing], the Kenworth was an A R Mansell, the 6x4 Volvo I have down as Hawthorn- bit like a Kwikasair truck with European comfort, a blurred F86 for Brambles and the ERF was a E J Burton. The ERF Chassis magazine did an article on his operation way back in the 70's. All these B & W photos have been in one of those old albums that you peel back the cellophane and the photos are positioned on a sticky paper and they are a bugger to peel off to be moved to a 'modern' album after being photographed. When next I see Nifty I'm going to borrow a good few of his albums especially the ones he has with collectors' items in them- and I want his truck brochures as well so I can finish that project. Next time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, V8Ian, xspanrman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #227316 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Overlander's old Photos
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #227317 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #227410 by overlander
Replied by overlander on topic Overlander's old Photos
Greetings. With that last lot of 5 the first photo has a Lindsay Telpher 1418 with the Kenworth of K M Rodger going round the post office corner in Nuri, next is a Taylor Dalton Atkinson taken around Marulan somewhere then a C A Hill 1418, an Overland Trucking M A N and an E C Phillips 1418 all taken in Nuri. I used to hang out a lot by the post office corner in Nuri and little did I know then but Nifty used to park his EH in the Vine Inn car park and watch the trucks as they travelled through Nuri so we were doing the same thing but just didn't know each other until '72 or 73 I reckon. Anyways we'll see what I can come up with for next week. Next time
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, IHScout, 180wannabe, PaulFH, xspanrman, Brocky45

More
2 years 5 months ago #227462 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #227463 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, Southbound, xspanrman, oliver1950, Tassie Dan

More
2 years 5 months ago #227533 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #227534 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #227537 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Overlander's old Photos
Aitkins V8 Mack .....had a drive in it brand new .....they also had a WW2 Dia T 980 that was like new,and a couple of the tank trailers,which were being converted into heavy move floats.......Cyril Aitkin was a Leyland Albion man right thru............dont know who talked him into the Mack...........Aitkins had acres of realestate at Newstead ......nowdays yuppie central..............All the old time Brisbane transport companies were sitting on millions $ of inner city land.
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH

More
2 years 5 months ago #227552 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Overlander's old Photos
The Aitkins V8 Mack is kinda rare for Macks anywhere in the world I think
it has the unusual deep mudguard high rise bonnet that I was always led to believe was a Brambles special 

Dumb were I know that W900 paint scheme from, probably just dreaming or getting confused 

A great selection of photos as usual 

Thanks for sharing with us all

Paul 

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, overlander, PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.629 seconds