Skip to main content

1830B Wedge brakes

More
6 years 7 months ago #187014 by Dazza01
1830B Wedge brakes was created by Dazza01
Hi all
I have just bought a Acco 1830B and have just put new tyres on during the process I noticed that even with the Maxi brakes on the drivers side rear wheels still turns freely. so I'm after a copy of how to manually adjust the wedge brakes. If anyone could help me it would be appreciated.
Darryn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #187779 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic 1830B Wedge brakes
I will try and explain how to adjust wedge brakes on the rear axle.
You may need a brake adjusting tool similar to the one used for cars that had drum brakes.
Block front wheels .
Build air pressure up to maximum and turn off the engine.
Release parking brake.
Jack up wheel.
On the backing plate there is 2 holes about 1/4 inch wide and 1 inch long. There might be spring steel clips covering the holes that you have to remove before adjusting the brake.
Inside these holes there is a toothed wheel that you can turn with the brake adjusting tool or sometimes a screwdriver..
The direction you turn the wheel will depend on whether the adjuster is on top or below where the maxi brake is mounted to the backing plate.
Both adjusters are right hand thread.
Get someone to rotate the wheel by had as you adjust each toothed wheel and advise you when they feel a slight drag.
Then back off the adjuster until no drag is felt.
Repeat this procedure on the other adjuster on the same wheel.
Now adjust the brake on the other side of the truck.
When the toothed wheel is not in the slot it probably means its time for a brake reline.
Now adjust the front brakes in the same manner as above
Ray

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds