Skip to main content

P J Willing

More
6 years 1 month ago #191623 by Ozfury
Replied by Ozfury on topic P J Willing
Around this time Wiley also traded his UD on one of Swishy's favourites an F12 Volvo to move the gear between jobs.

He also set up a mobile batch plant and concrete truck for batching on the remote jobs. This photo shows the batch plant on the way to a bridge job at Hughenden.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #191659 by Ozfury
Trough the late 80s and 90s he bought rural property around Townsville and between contracts he did a few rural subdivisions, all with his own gear.

This is a tipper he bought for a contract, was ex Banana shire council, a 6 cyl neuss with a 13 speed. A great old workhorse.

New paint job on the ovlov and a float as the gear was getting bigger.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
6 years 1 month ago #191661 by Ozfury

Inter water truck....gotta love the park brake!

Attachments:

More
6 years 1 month ago #191663 by Ozfury
This is building a drop structure on one of the subdivisions. The 3070 was one of mine.

This Leader was another water truck he setup, 175 cat and 13 speed, probably the roughest truck I have ever driven.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, PaulFH, asw120, xspanrman

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #192542 by Ozfury
Some more photos of some of his job trucks keep surfacing.

A Daihatsu crane truck used on various jobs on the railway electrification project.

This F86 Volvo crane truck pulled a 34' bogie flat top and was used to transport and erect the masts on the height gauges on the railway electrification.

Another Inter tipper purchased for a civil job
Attachments:

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #192543 by Ozfury
Wiley also had a love of American cars, particularly of the Mopar persuasion. Over the years he owned a Mercury Park Lane convertible, a few Chev Impalas and Pontiac Parisiennes, A 72 Buick boat tail Riviera, as well as 60, 65, 68 and 70 model Dodge Phoenixes. Here is a pic of his last, a 64 Dodge Polara convertible, I of I triple black wit originally a 426 wedge. He sold this to brother Ken last year as he is no longer confident driving it.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oilman

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #192544 by Ozfury
Wiley "retired" a few times and eventually sold the civil and earthmoving side of the business to brother Ken about 15 years ago, and gave the property development away about 10 years ago. He turned 80 late last year and this is a photo on his birthday.

This is the cake my sister made him!

I hope you have enjoyed his history and photos, and hope it inspires others to post they're photos and stories of "ordinary" people and trucks. Once they are gone so is they're history no matter how interesting.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyP, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, Southbound, Tacho, xspanrman

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #192649 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic P J Willing
well done on the story collecting sharing and telling. Excellent reading, thanks.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Time to create page: 0.520 seconds