Skip to main content

Inter C1600 4x4

More
5 years 4 months ago #197186 by projectinter
Inter C1600 4x4 was created by projectinter
I have an international C1600 4x4 which has not been used for about 15 years.

I am going to get the truck going and roadworthy over the next year. The brakes need doing. Can wheel cylinders, drum shoes and seals be purchased new?

Also, does a Perkins 6.354 or Phaser bolt up to the 4 speed original gearbox?

Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #197204 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Inter C1600 4x4
You can fit a Perk 354 to the 4 sp,but most go for a T34 with OD..........Ive done quite a few,but over 30 years ago,so the memory is hazy......,never reuse the 11 " clutch,it will slip .12" min IMHO............get the brake cylinders relined with stainless,and have them refit new bits,and get the shoes relined,if they need it,......You will probably find the Vh 90 booster is frozen too.....Also ,sump needs a bit of alteration,but you can get away with just jacking up the front axle a bit and fitting stops to the spacers at the same time......Although its surprising how long the sump lasts as a bump stop.

More
5 years 4 months ago #197208 by projectinter
Replied by projectinter on topic Inter C1600 4x4
Thanks for the info.

Does the T34 marry up to the transfer case?

Thanks

More
5 years 4 months ago #197210 by JOHN.K.
there is a tailshaft between them.........you can do whatever you like regards shaft size and unis etc.

More
5 years 4 months ago #197218 by projectinter
Thanks for the info.

I remember seeing somewhere a bloke used a Cummins 6Bt. Does anyone know how much work it was to have it fit up ok?

More
5 years 4 months ago #197222 by JOHN.K.
If you get a motor with a gearbox attched,its not too difficult..............although I think a 6Bt is too long for the space.................a Perk is a very short motor ...............one motor that will fit is the GM4/53.....but you still need a gearbox.

More
5 years 4 months ago #197228 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Inter C1600 4x4

JOHN.K. wrote: If you get a motor with a gearbox attched,its not too difficult..............although I think a 6Bt is too long for the space.................a Perk is a very short motor ...............one motor that will fit is the GM4/53.....but you still need a gearbox.

And ear plugs.

More
5 years 4 months ago #197235 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Inter C1600 4x4
An LS would fit nice and the 4L60 can be mated to the transfer case via an adaptor.

More
5 years 4 months ago #197240 by projectinter
I have thought about an LS as they are easy to get and not too expensive.
I guess I’ll just get it up and going and worry about swapping the engine out once it’s roadworthy.

That’s what really stopped the truck being used. Too gutless and thirsty!

More
4 years 8 months ago #201812 by projectinter
Firing the 281 up on Sunday. As it’s been sitting for 15 years... I was going to squirt some WD40 or some oil down the plug holes and leave for a little before I try and start it. Is this all you would worry about doing before starting?
It’s been shedded the whole time.

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds