Skip to main content

Caringbah Interstate Haulage

More
5 years 3 months ago #197633 by Hi Beam
With the recent passing of Merv Blinman the owner of Caringbah, now might be a time to remember the blokes and trucks of this company. Ron Anderson, Ando the loading manager and everything else manager is the first one I can think of. Who do you remember?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #197636 by Dave_64
Didn’t know the man personally, but can remember him being one of, if not, the prime mover behind the “Trading” companies, some of them located at Sandstone Avenue, Naracoorte. Remember the old RTA of NSW having a blitz up on the New England at Singleton one night, officers going through everything, quizzing anybody running SA rego, mentioned in passing that trucks must have been stacked 10 high to make room for them all. May have been done before, but some of the older guys could throw a bit of light on how the situation came about, especially for some of the drivers who came along after the dust had settled. Make good reading. Dave
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Dave_64.

More
5 years 3 months ago #197640 by JOHN.K.
The SA intertate rego was 5/- at one time,went up to $5 after decimal currency................I dont think they ever kept any record of anything but the payment,because you never got a notice or anything......but you had to have a registered depot there,and so you had to have an agent there................accountants in SA seemed to specialize in organizing the details,and you d see places with hundreds of company names on plates on the front wall......Funny thing was that cheap as the rego was ,guys used to let it lapse.....i renember Bruce Dickson always had a selection of lapsed SA plates for an expedition to the auctions in Melbourne.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

Time to create page: 0.397 seconds