Skip to main content

FIAT

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #203135 by cobbadog
FIAT was created by cobbadog
While at this years Clarendon Classic we found this treasure parked up amongst the Army guys and their vehicles. It is one very very rare Fiat truck that the Australians came across during WW2 and they captured this classic vehicle. Going by the owner only 3 of these are known world wide and the other 2 are in Europe and this one was said NOT to exist and definitely would NOT be in Australia.
From word of mouth from the previous owner the Aussies like it that much they took it with them from Europe to PNG where it had a hard lift and bits kept being chopped off it hence it is not complete. Slowly the current owner has been making panels like his bonnet and inner mudguards and his next project are to have a set of bonnet clips then he will be making a new windscreen frame for it. Because of his age he feels he will not finish the project but the mechanicals of this things are different from anything I've ever seen and it certainly is a real gem of a vehicle.
IT is all wheel drive with a difference, no rear diff just 2 tail shafts to each of the back wheels which also steer in the opposite direction to the front wheels.It's bloody weird and wonderful all at the same time

Sorry about the last 2 pics falling over. They were sitting up straight on my desktop.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by cobbadog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oldpart, Southbound

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
4 years 6 months ago #203138 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic FIAT
Cobba
Gr8 pix

Thort it looked familiar

Longwarry Truck sho 2015

interesting beast

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #203139 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic FIAT
Trattore Leggero TL.37 is an artillery tractor developed by the SPA (Società Piemontese Automobili) firm, subsidiary of Fiat, in competition with a model of the Breda firm. The SPA template will be used by the Italian army and also sold to the Hungary. After the armistice it will be still used by the German army and a few units of the ISR in North of the Italy. This 4 x 4 was designed to tow the guns of 75 mm and 100 mm at a speed of 40 km/h on road. It could accommodate in addition to the driver, 5 Gunners and 250 kg of ammunition. This truck will be converted into a self-propelled gun armed with 75/27 modello 11 installed in the back. a truck for desert AS.37 and two armoured vehicles, Fiat-SPA Autoprotetto S37 and Fiat SPA AS43. At April 30, 1943, prior to the loss of the Tunisia there were 2267 TL37 in service, in its various versions (AS37 excluded), namely the TL37 without suffix, TL37 Libia (tires Artiglio) and Sahariano with auxiliary tanks, TL37 colonial and TL37 Pontiere for engineering.

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Lang.

More
4 years 6 months ago #203140 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic FIAT
I knew I had seen it at a truck show and Swishy nailed it as Longwarry, Vic. 2015. A show put on each year by the Trafalgar Truck Restorers Club. The Fiat certainly is an interesting and extremely rare vehicle. The quality of the work so far is excellent.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
4 years 6 months ago #203146 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic FIAT
I like your pics too Swishy. It looks like he had built his new front mudguards since the show down south. That 1st image of Langs is a ripper. I'm sure the owner would like to see it but I have no way of finding him now.
Yes Morris, his workmanship has been wonderful and he is picking the jobs he takes on but I suggested that he has nailed his project so far so he does have the ability and talent to continue and do it justice.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oldpart

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds