Skip to main content

Old snapshots

More
3 years 10 months ago #210929 by Dave_64
Old snapshots was created by Dave_64
Hi All,
Just spent an hour or two going back through some wonderful old posts under the topic "Trucking The Early Days".
Started before I even came on the forum, heaps of snaps of the old coal days in NSW, and the gear used!
But unfortunately, quite a lot of the postings had no photos, only the caption saying they were no longer available, something I have also seen on some of the posts the past 5 or 6 years.
What's the story? Someone have a few copyright issues? Too much purloining from other sites? Damn tradgedy, I reckon!
Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #210933 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Old snapshots
No mate, nothing that sinister

We all used "Photo Bucket" way back when
Photo Bucket was free and it was like what I think you would call a host site, we would put it up on Photo Bucket and then link it across
This worked fine until Photo Bucket decided to charge to keep the host site going for the link to work
If the original photo poster didn't pay the cost for the Photo Bucket account you just see a era message

Or if someone shut their account its the same deal

I dont think that can happen with the way we post photos now

There was other reasons as well but by and large that is the main reason

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.

More
3 years 10 months ago #210934 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Old snapshots
Thanks, Mrs.
Often wondered about that, damn shame that so many of those old photos disappeared though!

More
3 years 10 months ago #210936 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Old snapshots
I don't know but maybe there is an opportunity for the original posters to go back a few years and find what Photobucket has erased and put the photos up here with just a one sentence description. It will be a mixed bag but there was some really interesting stuff lost.

lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
3 years 10 months ago #210941 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Old snapshots
Hi,

if the original poster is still around and has the photo(s) then can edit their original post, upload the image and replace the Photobucket link with the link to the Forum attachment.

Or is someone finds the original photo elsewhere a moderator could do the edit, upload and replace.

Terry

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #210949 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Old snapshots
The Thread "Trucking The Early Days". was Started by a Bloke posting as Old Dog His Profile Never Migrated over from the Old Hoisting Site back in 2015.

Pretty sure he was a Shareholder/Member of the L.O.D. Co Op.. & had a CH Mack working with Lodehaul.
I used to See him (or His truck) about quite a Bit,But not for a Long Time.. No idea where He is Now..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by hayseed. Reason: typo

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds