Skip to main content

Lang's new Mack toy carrier

More
3 years 8 months ago #212511 by Mrsmackpaul
How long of a tray or tilt tray are you chasing

I come across plenty of unusual stuff, even the odd tilt tray just laying in the grass

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #212530 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
Paul

About 6 m

Lang

More
3 years 8 months ago #212536 by cobbadog
Might be different rules in QLD but all tilt trays here in NSW must run TT plates and be certified then you have to obey their strict rules and regs.
Beavertails are not bothered by those rules.
With the beavertail on Lorry, the builders got it right or the bent ramps have made it user friendly to drive a LH SLR 5000 Torana up and onto his back with no bottoming out. The ramps on Lorry are fixed to the rear of the tray and uses big springs to help balance the weight of the big buggas.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 8 months ago #212555 by wee-allis
Just a bit of a correction here Cobba. "All tilt trays here in NSW must run TT plates and be certified." Not correct. There are a lot of tilt trays about, not registered as Tow trucks. Coates Hire for example. Container movers as another.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 8 months ago #212560 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
Let's not hijack Lang's topic for a discussion about what is or isn't a tow truck in NSW. If you want more info on that here is the official word www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets...approved-summary.pdf and if you want to discuss it more on this for, please start a new topic in general truck chat.

Lang, great work on the new bumper.

Dennis
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH

More
3 years 8 months ago #212710 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
Hi,

this might be a suitable tray if you lose the axles. :)

www.pickles.com.au/damaged-salvage/item/...le-Trailer/902304870

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #212712 by Lang
Very nice tray Terry but no advance on the one already fitted in the fixed position. I am aiming at loading without finding a ramp. I will have a look at it but think the slope section is not steep enough - could always cut and shut?

lang
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Lang.

More
3 years 8 months ago #212723 by cobbadog
Can you add a short sloping section to your existing tray, then some slide out ramps like on a car carrier.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 8 months ago #212726 by Lang
Cobba

Old beaver tail trays in fair condition with either spring or ram lift ramps of the correct size seem to go for under $2,000. It would cost me more than that for the extension on the existing tray plus all the stuffing around.

I have a set of long aluminium bobcat ramps to load a normal tray but because they have to be so long to get a decent angle they are getting just too heavy to be lifting. Under tray slideouts are not possible with the chassis/guard construction.

I have a bit to do with painting etc so will keep looking for a tilt tray but I have my doubts about finding one at a cheap price so the beaver tail will probably be the end result.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 8 months ago #212730 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
Lang,
What sort of weight are you reckoning on?
Was at one of these Vic. Country Fair/Fete/Truck show turnouts and a bloke had one of those "Tailgate Lifters" set up on a low Non tilting tray, wasn't all that big but he had an antique motorbike/sidecar he simply rode up onto the platform and then lifted it up (platform) and rode the bike/sidecar forward and strapped it down. Once loaded he flipped the platform upright so it acted as a tailgate (may have caught a bit of wind though!)
OK, a bike/sidecar wouldn't weigh all that much, but the idea was sound and very simple. Cost wise I wouldn't have a clue.
Just thinking.................!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

Time to create page: 0.574 seconds