Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Brakes Bedford J5 truck 10 May 2022 20:24 #234993

• jon_d
  • Thank you received: 190
Possibly use something like this to draw the fluid through the pipe and out the nipple.
As it does, it will suck out the bubble. Keep the vacuum up and fluid added to the reservoir.

www.bunnings.com.au/briggs-stratton-oil-removal-kit_p3370025?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Brakes Bedford J5 truck 10 May 2022 21:14 #234995

• Dutchman
  • Dutchman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 13
Ok, I have make a low pressure system by pump 12V. I fill the system on the other side of the master cylinder with oil, Only the line this moment for monitoring functional, and it sounds good.
Now connect one port to left side, front and rear . I know ...a lot off work but I have no history of this truck.
Attachments:

Brakes Bedford J5 truck 11 May 2022 11:13 #235009

• jon_d
  • Thank you received: 190
Pump into a open bottle and draw from it. Then you'll be able to clear the air.

Interesting idea using a pump.

Brakes Bedford J5 truck 11 May 2022 18:50 #235031

• asw120
  • Thank you received: 552
I have used a pump, myself, but it was a windscreen washer bottle and pump. Decent pressure and lots of flow. I run it in one bleed nipple and out another. The return goes into a waste bottle until it runs clean, then back into the pump until it has run clear of bubbles for a while. Gets rid of bubbles that gravity, or pump-and-hold bleeding won't. I like the fuel pump idea. I must see how that flows. Flow is more important than pressure, I feel.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dutchman

Brakes Bedford J5 truck 11 May 2022 19:18 #235037

• Dutchman
  • Dutchman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 13
Throughput of a constant amount of oil at low pressure, a fuel pump is therefore very suitable. Also a check valve in between so that the oil can go in one direction, and that is the highest point of the reservoir. Cover it otherwise everything will splash around.

This way the air has to get out, it's simple and can only be done. You can also empty the reservoir and check whether the oil is still clean.

I trust this, and I'm going to work on it.

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558