Skip to main content

359 dodge truck build

More
3 years 4 months ago #216866 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic 359 dodge truck build
I dont worry about what every other bugger thinks, it's not their money or truck so their opinion doesn't count

Looks like a fun machine to me, should feel like a race until you look at the speedo

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tassie Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #216868 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic 359 dodge truck build
Just a point on the Windsor, Canada origins of your Dodge. You can make fortune at the pub by claiming Windsor in Canada is directly south of Detroit in USA . 99 out of 100 people will call BS.

Windsor is the smaller town south of the river on the peninsula.

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Lang.

More
3 years 4 months ago #216881 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic 359 dodge truck build
I was interested by your "south of Detroit" comment Lang and decided to look Windsor up on Gogglepedia and came up with this fascinating little comment by Manisha Krishnan of Toronto, Canada:

This City Near Detroit Might Be the 'Worst Place on Earth
Maybe it's time to retire the "earth's rectum" label. But probably not.

As a relatively recent Ontario transplant, my working knowledge of Windsor is limited.

What I knew about the border town, upon embarking on this mission to discover why people live there, was that Stephen Colbert (comedian) dubbed it the "worst place on earth" and later the "earth's rectum."

A quick Google search led me to online forums filled with other flattering labels describing Windsor as Canada's/Ontario's "armpit," a place known for car robberies, drug dealing, and "0-little culture." One person rather poetically noted, "Windsor smells like desperate American youth mixed in with dirty Canadian hosers," while a University of Windsor student said, "The city may smell… and the university may be shitty… but who gives a fuck once your [sic] drunk."

Sounds like a nice place to live . . . ? :unsure: :whistle:

PS Great looking truck Tassie Dan, can you tell us more about the nose to nose red rig too. I'd say the two of you are into wood work? :huh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Tassie Dan

More
3 years 3 months ago #217807 by Tassie Dan
Replied by Tassie Dan on topic 359 dodge truck build
Hi all. Sorry for the slow reply as I have not looked at this tread much and been looking around the rest of the page. The old dodge which I have named Margo definitely sounds sounds fast till you work out the clouds are moving faster. I have been in a bit of a holding pattern while saving up a bit more cash as she failed the pit pass for rego, needed an id inspection as there is no records of the vin or engine number ever being on file, new king pins and also a leak in the brake master cylinder so I am getting that all fixed at a workshop next week as that is way above my skill level so hopefully have rego in 2 weeks. Thanks for all the history info too everyone, I am loving learning more stuff all the time. The red Bedford is my dads toy. It’s a 1946 I think which had a good cab and frame rails but he wanted to go fishing with it up the highlands here in Tas so needed 4wd so the body came off and he built it to fit onto a mid 90’s Nissan patrol so it has the rb30 engine, full patrol chassis and drive line and dash. The front of the cab is wider to fit the dash in and between the A pillar and bonnet is a bit longer too but other then that it’s hard to pick. He also built a tipper tray on it for tip runs which has been handy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
3 years 3 months ago #217812 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic 359 dodge truck build
Tassie Dan, Wanted: pictures and more info on Dad's Bedstead. Sounds like a great little machine and a very inventive father.
Steve.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #217814 by Tassie Dan
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Gryphon. Reason: Fixed picture issues.

More
3 years 3 months ago #217815 by Tassie Dan
I don’t think I did that right sorry. Meant to be only 1 photo of the dash and 1 photo of her loaded up for a tip run. Sorry for adding the same pic heaps of time ha ha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, wee-allis

More
3 years 3 months ago #217953 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic 359 dodge truck build
Even stick in the mud me has to say that is a really neat classy job. Having said that can't help myself and comment that plain steel rims would make it understated and more of a surprise for anyone looking in the cab.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221285 by Tassie Dan
Hi all. Sorry to bug you all but the wife is a bit sick of me talking about but finally got my dodge “Margo” on the road and with rego. She has been stuck in a busy truck workshop for the last 4 months while working on some rego defects, getting parts and arguing with the department of growth trying to get a fair rego for her but got knocked back for SI rego a few times and de rating her to under 4.5 tonne so she has full truck rego but at least I can use her when ever and where ever. Just going to change the stacks to side pipes so I can get her in and out of my shed easier. Now I can just drive her around and tinker on things. Hope your all well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog, Urchy87

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #221286 by Tassie Dan
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by IHScout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, craig308, tim, Lang, Urchy87, PaulFH, ralph, roKWiz, V8Ian, wee-allis and 1 other people also said thanks.

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds