Skip to main content

Isuzu 6bd1t injectors

More
3 years 2 months ago #219051 by ashmenz0
Hi everyone
Just had the injectors tested and they all failed. 5 month wait on parts is the biggest issue.
Does anyone know of a place to source reconditioned or changeover injectors?
Thanks
Ash

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #219052 by jon_d
The following user(s) said Thank You: ashmenz0

More
3 years 2 months ago #219053 by ashmenz0
Replied by ashmenz0 on topic Isuzu 6bd1t injectors
Hi Jon
I've never played with injectors. Are these parts changeable by a novice?
Regards
Ash

More
3 years 2 months ago #219054 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Isuzu 6bd1t injectors
Try Trickeys in Bendigo, but heads up, injector rebuilds are not cheap, last lot I had done were I think $100 each some years ago.... perkins or inter. You might find the pump needs a do as well. The ACCO might have been $3000 in Truck 10 years ago.

Good luck.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
3 years 2 months ago #219057 by ashmenz0
Thanks Sarge
I'll give them a try

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #219058 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Isuzu 6bd1t injectors
it will likely be cheaper to get new nozzles from Bosch,and fit them ......the pump is an inline P type Bosch licence(ND or Diesel Kiki),and unlikely to have problems if the filters have been kept maintained,and the fuel clean and free of water...............Trickeys is agood name for a diesel fuel injection shop.........I wouldnt trust any of these guy as far as I could throw them.....and that aint far.....If mine ,Id pressure check all the injectors ,and see whet the spray was like......it might be quite acceptable for an old truck................I could spend the whole day telling stories of ripoffs by fuel services........the tree service over the creek ended up $20,000 in the red from the crowd at Rocklea.......they missed an inline filter hidden in woodchip,and he was away on another job,and had to go on their word that the motor was stuffed........Two motors later ,I found the hidden filter ,just on a phone description of the symptoms ......(.motor would rev and then lose power.)
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by JOHN.K..

More
3 years 2 months ago #219059 by ashmenz0
Thanks John
He said the spray pattern was no good and the "needle and seat" were buggered and dribbling fuel.
Is this something that can be replaced easily also?
Thanks
Ash

More
3 years 2 months ago #219061 by JOHN.K.
As I said ,youd have to spray test them to see ......Its possible the nozzles can be reconditioned .......but as the mechanical fuel systems are old now,maybe no one does it anymore..........Ive fitted nozzles meant for other engines ,but a fuel service wouldnt do that ,for sure......I dont have any Isuzu bits ,havent touched one for 20 years

More
3 years 2 months ago #219063 by ashmenz0
The main issue I have is that the old girl seems to get more and more sluggish each time I take a trip.
I transplanted the Isuzu into an old Denning bus a few years ago and it just doesn't seem to pull like it used to. I'm just trying to get as much power out of it as I can given the age etc.

More
3 years 2 months ago #219065 by JOHN.K.
Crook injectors make black smoke and diluted oil......loss of power is ring wear and more easily fixed ,valve and seat wear......the turbo engine will have an aneroid fuel modulator too,reduction in turbo boost will cut back fuel delivery.....so maybe the turbo is down on boost ....worn vanes or housings.

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds