Skip to main content

Isuzu 6bd1t injectors

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #219066 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic Isuzu 6bd1t injectors
Ash,

I used www.rankindiesel.com.au/ these guys to overhaul a set of grey import Kobota injectors years ago. Was happy with the price and service.

I have the 6BD1T (6BG1T) manual which shows how to disassemble and service the injector. (send me your email address and I'll scan it.) I'd be replacing the nozzle (Aliexpress) and then have them pressure adjusted.

Re Power; Have you checked the exhaust for blockages, esp the muffler. And is the turbo boost ok? If your turbo is shot, I have a good supplier out of China. I've got a mix of a Chinese and Japanese turbo in the bus.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by jon_d.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #219067 by ashmenz0
Replied by ashmenz0 on topic Isuzu 6bd1t injectors
It does puff a bit of black smoke. It has oily residue out the exhaust pipe, particularly on startup, which I thought may be unburnt fuel.
I can't say the oil is diluted.
Turbo is only 1000 kms old so all good there.

More
3 years 1 month ago #219068 by jon_d
And, is the fuel pump timing is set correctly?

More
3 years 1 month ago #219069 by ashmenz0
Replied by ashmenz0 on topic Isuzu 6bd1t injectors
Good question. I check this how?

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #219072 by jon_d
get near TDC #1 (about 20* before). Then carefully align the timing marks on the horizontal cylinder coupling protection thingy between the compressor and pump. - done by rotating the crank pulley nut.

When exactly aligned, read off the timing * on the crank pulley using the timing marks. It should be about 12-17* depending on the engine. My manual says 16* BTDC for the 6BD1TC
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by jon_d.

More
3 years 1 month ago #219076 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Isuzu 6bd1t injectors
Just another "out there" suggestion...

The banjo fitting on the bottom of the lift pump (the hand Primer pump before the filters) has a tiny little mesh screen in it...

17 or 19mm ring spanner (can't remember which size) undoes it... Screw it out and you will see the screen in the end of the banjo bolt.

These have caught many people out as they are the primary screen to get bigger "crap" out of the fuel before it goes to the filters

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
3 years 1 month ago #219084 by jon_d
Actually a common problem. A good reminder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: werkhorse

More
3 years 1 month ago #219107 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Isuzu 6bd1t injectors
I had an Isuzu TD44 motorhome about 40 years ago with the same setup.

More
3 years 1 month ago #219158 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Isuzu 6bd1t injectors
All Bosch pumps back to the 1920s have the fine gauze in the banjo,but if the filters are kept serviced and the fuel tank clean,they should never block.......if you pull your injectors apart,the spring load should be eased brfore the nozzle nut is undone........and certainly,never try to maintain set by reassembling without freeing the spring........if I had one of these ,and the OEM nozzles wre an astronomical price,i d be looking at Perkins nozzles as replacements........these motors have square cavity pistons,and so any substitute nozzle must spray in the same places as the originals.......the nozzle holes must be in the same places ......this is easily seen on a test pump......you need the test pump to reset the nozzle pressure on reassembly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds