Skip to main content

Overlander's Truck Brochures

More
2 years 8 months ago #223987 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, kel deutz, overlander

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #223988 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, kel deutz, overlander

More
2 years 8 months ago #223989 by PaulFH
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, kel deutz, overlander, xspanrman

More
2 years 8 months ago #223998 by overnite
Any idea what year the Deutz brochures are?

More
2 years 8 months ago #224000 by JOHN.K.
The pics appeared as ads in Truck and Bus in the late 1960s.....68-69 maybe even 1970.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 8 months ago #224028 by overnite
Thanks John

More
2 years 8 months ago #224029 by overnite
NMP
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kel deutz, overlander, PaulFH

More
2 years 8 months ago #224030 by overlander
Greetings. The cover letter I received with the Deutz brochures is dated 21 August 1970. I was 13 and fanatical about trucks. I do like the bit under General Equipment on the Jupiter stating 'Luxury insulated cab'. I also have the 4x2 brochures but they are much the same except for a different truck picture. The leyland Contractor brochure is quite big but does not feature many Contractors operating in Australia. I liked the schematic diagram of the chassis and running gear. I have an article from a truck mag saying the Australian Army bought 64 Contractors. Would any member have a special interest in certain manufacturers brochures? I've got lots of what Cath refers to as 'truck shit'. Next time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: overnite, PaulFH

More
2 years 8 months ago #224035 by Mrsmackpaul
I would be guessing early 1968 was when Deutz bogie drives first became available in Australia

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kel deutz, overlander, PaulFH, xspanrman

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #224042 by JOHN.K.
I remember as a kid watching the VW style Deutz Jupiters of Ansett coming up the long hill on Logan Road at Greenslopes.(Pacific hiway in those days)......Ansett had thing about Deutzes,as they had busses with Deutz V6 motors.........The old man took us to see an Ansett bus burnt out ,and he reckoned the frame was made of old army beds ...(the angle iron off army beds was a popular construction material at the time).......1960?
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by JOHN.K..

Time to create page: 0.583 seconds