Skip to main content

Workers leaving Ford Factory Geelong

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #229881 by Lang
1920's

How times change!
To date, around 41,000 people have been vaccinated at the hub, with around 1200-1600 people being jabbed per day. The venue has a maximum capacity of 2000 vaccines being given each day.

A spokeswoman for Barwon Health added: "The former Ford site in Norlane was selected by the Department of Health in partnership with Barwon Health due to its size and easy access for consumers by private car and public transport. It was also a well-known site in the community.

"We worked closely with the site developers Pelligra and local contractors to fit out the site for Geelong’s vaccination program."
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, Pierre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #229893 by PDU
The '57 shot is reminiscent of Grand Junction Road, Adelaide, in the 60's when the Holden's plant at Woodville knocked off for the day. Probably a few more cars thrown into the mix, and only one lane either way, when I drove that way daily at the start of my apprenticeship; 16 years old and facing life and limb in the cut and thrust driving style common amongst the workers. I learnt a lot in that first year!
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, Pierre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds