Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Not enough nags in the old MAN 11 Jun 2022 20:17 #235937

• Gryphon
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 728
Hi,

while cleaning up tonight I came across this old photo of mine from 1997 where a truck driver asked me to help drag his truck out of the ditch behind the BP before the cause way at Port Augusta.

The truck driver had come down from Darwin and picked up a young couple, standing near the truck in the photo, who had driven to Darwin for a funeral and on the way back had blown through a few tyres and only had two left with air in them when he picked them up. The truck driver had backed over the edge of truck parking at the BP to get a better angle to get the car out but the arse sank up to the axles and he needed help getting out. My 156hp MAN was really useless so I recall a Kenworth with a couple of trailers on popped him out after I got out of the way.

He was very grateful for my efforts but he probably regretted offering me some help once he was out!!!

Terry
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis
Last edit: by Gryphon.
The topic has been locked.

Not enough nags in the old MAN 11 Jun 2022 21:01 #235938

• 180wannabe
  • Thank you received: 292
What a beautiful Transtar!
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558