Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The forum has changed so much over the years 05 Aug 2022 19:53 #238030

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Mrsmackpaul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2614

Brambles reminds me of an old forum member called Greenie, he worked for Brambles for years I believe, he wrote a lot of bloody ripper stories about just what they did and didn't do, and put them up here on the forum. they were so good I used to send them to my mum, and even she loved them.
Wonder if he or his stories are still around- anyone know?
Cheers
Rich

Was he the fella that drove a RoadBoss for them, picked up some huge motor in Melbourne town, no brake saver and in Grandma gear into Brisbane ?

If it is, bloody good yarns

The forum has changed so much over the years

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Gryphon.

The forum has changed so much over the years 05 Aug 2022 22:00 #238049

• Gryphon
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 726
Hi,

the previous posts for Greenie had been migrated across this Forum in 2015 but his account had already been removed on the old Forum so his posts showed up with No Author on the left. I have spent a bit of time tonight reconstructing connections and accounts for Greenie(728 post) and the late Chocs(3383 posts) so you can now search on posts made by both of them with a username.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, BillyP, cobbadog, Morris, ianoz, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, asw120, wee-allis, werkhorse and 2 other people also said thanks.

Last edit: by Gryphon.

The forum has changed so much over the years 06 Aug 2022 08:29 #238060

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Mrsmackpaul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2614
Thank you Terry

Greenie had lots of good photos as well

From memory his RoadBoss was fairly lightly specced and towed almost exclusively a 3 rows of 8 trailer and the RoadBoss and Greenie travlled all over the joint shifting anything and everything

And Chocs was a very special person that for some strange and unknown reason took a interest in me and my unusual life

We lived many thousands of kilometers apart but spoke regularly and the Princess and I would drop in and say hello to Chocs and Ross when we had a chance

Chocs was always willing to lend a hand or offer advice, I dunno how he ever got any work done as the phone was always ringing and he would stop and have a chat

Anyway enough dribble from

As Chocs used to say "Yah only get out what yah put in"

This forum is a bit like a dog, it gives me a lot more than I ever give it
I dont know that most realize just how special it is here

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: wouldyou, Morris, Inter- Action, PaulFH, wee-allis, werkhorse, xspanrman

The forum has changed so much over the years 06 Aug 2022 11:04 #238069

• prodrive
  • Thank you received: 662
Thanks very much Terry, much appreciate your efforts!
Well said Pauly- the forum HAS changed but I guess thats just part of the continual rolling evolution of life? I didn't know Greenie, but his posts were bloody magic. I'll go back and read them again. And Chocs was a special bloke- he was a cranky bugger, he'd get the shits (which is why he went off the forum and started oltrucks but underneath that, he a was a very talented and special man. I agree, dunno how he every got any work done- Roz told me that he would just work with the phone on his shoulder while he kept talking and doing stuff. Bloody clever too, wasn't much he couldn't do. And tell a joke, and a story..Gone too young. Anyway...
Speaking of old cranky bastards, there's another topic in itself- "Cranky bastards who've left the forum!" Chocs did, "Bunch of tards". Newto. AngleIron. Gilly, Crackers, and Ronhorse (sadly passed away, there was another special bloke) and a heap of others that I forget their usenames, but remember them for their posts. Adam, with the grey S2 Tipper. Ron Kirk, the Cummins expert. Bruce, the founder(?) of the haulin the hume, another ripper story teller. Which leads me to wonder- I wonder if the common interest in old trucks / junk, means this type of these people are crankier and less tolerant than normal...? or just older and grumpier!! Anyway I agree Pauly, it is like a dog- ya gotta put up with being told off or scolded occasionally, or not liking what someone says to you. But the benefits far outweigh the costs. If not for this forum, I wouldn't have actually met Chocs, or you, or Browny, or Swishy, or a whole bunch of blokes that I'm lucky to know, or have known along the journey.Keep smiling, people! And have a good weekend.
CheersRich
PS Here's a shot of the great Chocs man doing what Chocs did best. Help people.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, oliver1950

The forum has changed so much over the years 07 Aug 2022 20:03 #238131

• asw120
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 559
I love it every time that another old driver from back in the day finds this forum and tells their stories. (Most recently SteveL)

Especially good when I'm sitting here with a wog, feeling like crap and wondering if I should go to work tomorrow.

Thanks all.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558