Skip to main content

Re: Cannington -- PCT -- CCT -- PCT Road Lines P/L.

More
12 years 2 months ago #74822 by Chocs
Thanks for that Camsta..
I was thinking along the right track..
wasn't sure though

chocs 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #74823 by
g'day PCT and all .. a great start to what will be a fascinating thread, and will be very happy to assist where i can....

i'm amazed that PCT roadlines was incorporated in 1955...unless that is a typo error?, but with this story....anything is possible !! :) ;)

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 2 months ago #74824 by Swishy

PCT
Gudday M8
Gr8 Pix
Keep m Cummin

Yes the floats look like Wollongong Engineering Wooleng L8r Brentwood

Way Back when ....there were sacrifices made to try n B legal to run A/H
the longer the bonnet/cab n sleeper ment less deck space for de load n close clearance Bhind sleepr
the 333 scraper looks like plenty of weight to spare up front Drive/dolly but probly ovr on the Rsend
Just guess n the centre of the load B just 4ward of the scrapers cutting edge
The Tank pic looks like a high pressure gas tank with the bands around it to reinforce n keep it in shape
n a mini van az pilot car
the ol man bought a mini van az pilot car providing a 1000x20 tyre would roll in the rear doors in a word......... it duz (just)

Gr8 thread n info keep m cummin
Cya
[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 2 months ago #74825 by PCT
Yeah Thanks Chocs, See what we can do and where it takes us all. I hope theres a few people passing it on........ to dig out old photos and see what we can turn up. Thinking about the folk in country towns that may have snapped shots of them while they were parked up or passing through years ago and maybe have some tucked away. Be good to gather up what we can and put it in order Copper City Transport must have been a blessing to Mt Isa with the ability to turn beer deliveries into a weekly occurrence and bump up mining deliveries etc. On ya Drive! ;)

of course I'm not very good I've only driven in the dark

More
12 years 2 months ago #74826 by PCT
G'Day Detective, Thank you too, Get another spill going and we'll fill in some gaps, There's room for some Chronic Overloading and I hope we get some fun out of it !and table some history for all of us and for the families involved, that'd be nice too. :) ;)

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #74827 by PCT
Swishy & Cam, Thanks for the input, We were guessing earlier today and were thinking Wolleng. lots of Wollongong built gear around then.
Do you remember them Swish? They worked in with Walter Wright, Theres a shot of Frank Burke and Max Hickey with Truck 6 and the Hayes ( PCT Road Lines & CCT) with WW's a D/Line.. Tell us what you can fella's.
Thanks. :) ;)

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by PCT.

More
12 years 2 months ago #74828 by 352rhd
howsy pct,now i know who you are(slow learner).hope you arent underwater up there mate.you can tell the wolleng floats by the shape of the gooseneck where it meets the deck.brentwoods just got built heavier and heavier to the point where they were too heavy,but hard to break.these days theyre a shadow of their 70's bretheren

More
12 years 2 months ago #74829 by Cunning Stunt
Hi PCT, what a great thread and great photos! I grew up in Epping in Sydney and I had grandparents who lived in Ermington and West Ryde so I was familiar with Kingstons fleet and I'm almost positive that I recall the PCT Peterbilts in the shown livery and I'm positive, Kingstons livery also.

Strangely enough I now work for a transport company in Egerton Street, off Silverwater road. The photos are marvelous, thanks for sharing :)

Some play hard to get

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #74830 by PCT
Swishy and all, Here's a closer look of this tank. I've seen a larger similar tank being loaded on one of the other trucks, Truck 7 and has a JOHNSON ENGINEERING SYDNEY banner on the side.

Its larger diameter tank less reinforcing rings and no center mounting base perhaps suggesting this tanks application be more demanding.

Question Wolleng Eh!!! Are the gussets on the goose neck an addition to this float or is this a later float than the one in the third picture down?

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by PCT.

More
12 years 2 months ago #74831 by bigcam
Not sure with the gussets PCT, possibly a later trailer, or maybe an addition. The gussets hold the flanges on the beams square, when they go out of square the beam is a lot weaker and getting close to collapse.

Time to create page: 0.576 seconds