Skip to main content

Trucks for Sale in 1968 Mack,Pete,Autocar,Inter

• Topic Author
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #78523 by

are you sure corowa trading was Botts, I always thought it was A.J Francis?????

Not a doubt about that mate.
Francis WAS Corowa Trading Co.
Harks back to the days of section 92.
A lot of transport firms up and down the Murray had depots just over the river.
They could pick up freight in Rutherglen , using this example , and take it across the border to Corowa , and then send it to Melbourne and call it an interstate trip.
Yes I know we all know that , but there are some here that might not.
;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #78524 by THE HAPPY WRECKER
In 1969 Gleemans were in Bath Rd in Kirawee.

g'day .. all those bangers were for sale at gleemans in sydney in 1969...it's a page out of T&BT.

the cabover peterbilt is a wonderful survivor with a solid history going from australian fertilizers limited (AFL) through to jock campbell's deacon avenue cartage in richmond adelaide, to barry lewis' scotta's tpt , and as far as i know remained in south aussies hands till only very recently down at maitland, and was present at the lancefield truck show last weekend (ch/no 19186)

sorry i can't help with the rest....we'll have to locate a few more boffins to tidy up the other ones details :) :) ;) ;)

• Topic Author
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #78525 by
my apologies gents .. bernie bott's trucking business was ...melbourne-corowa district transport service.

'scuse me for the blue :-[ :-[ :-[ :)

• Topic Author
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #78526 by

good chance swishy that's your old S model...1965 and 6V71 no?...possibly bernie botts (corowa trading) before going to john hickmott at wodonga ? or was it wangaratta, or the one graham palmer in QLD owns right now?

if you can be a bit more specific about the ad. it will help

anyway...cheers

G'day Detective, Is that the ad from Mack trucks late 60s??? The 6V71 is #103330 which Graham now has in Brisbane and as you would already know the 8v71 is #103944 which is the 3rd TBH S-model and then Miller Bros,also lives in Brisbane these days..... Cheers James.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #78527 by 352rhd
this is the truck in the scotta days

g'day .. all those bangers were for sale at gleemans in sydney in 1969...it's a page out of T&BT.

the cabover peterbilt is a wonderful survivor with a solid history going from australian fertilizers limited (AFL) through to jock campbell's deacon avenue cartage in richmond adelaide, to barry lewis' scotta's tpt , and as far as i know remained in south aussies hands till only very recently down at maitland, and was present at the lancefield truck show last weekend (ch/no 19186)

sorry i can't help with the rest....we'll have to locate a few more boffins to tidy up the other ones details :) :) ;) ;)

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #78528 by Benz Belle
Not a bad looking bird scarer mate
Benz belle

• Topic Author
12 years 3 weeks ago #78529 by
...spoke to barry lewis (scotta's) about his old truck quite a few years ago now, and was very interested in her survival so he jumped in the car and went down to maitland to have a look at his old rig...

he operated two cabover sleeper peterbilts, both 250 4X4 the other one being a 352A ch/no 15976, which had had a very chequered past up until his ownership

i understand that barry died a few years ago....R.I.P.

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds