Skip to main content

robinsons illawarra transport

More
6 years 4 months ago #189051 by Mrsmackpaul

Swanny wrote: Paul Them boxes on the back of the Glovers truck were full of glass ,ashtrays jars drinking glasses etc they used to load out of the ACI glass works in Burke rd near Zetland Glovers had the contact to cart them interstate as well as Bruce Panucci Tpt when i worked for Bruno . I may be wrong but will stand corrected :unsure:

WOW not at all what I expected, I was think some by product from the steel works

Any of these glass works still going or have they fallen by the way side like most other things

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #189058 by Swanny
Paul The only one in NSW is at Penrith west of Sydney and it mainly does beer bottles and glass jars and Camerons Tpt have got that contract .I don't know who does the other glass products because Crown Corning was manufactured at the ACI plant as well as other glass products, maybe it went overseas like everything ,Think the ACI plant was closed in the late 80s the land was developed for housing very close to the city . The plant was on a very large piece of property it took up the boundrys of Burke rd Lachlan st Cresent st and the now Eastern Distributor HUGE piece of land
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

More
6 years 2 months ago #190524 by xspanrman
Photos by Josh Hutley

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
5 years 9 months ago #194828 by xspanrman

352rhd wrote: robbo's from wollongong had a subbie with a early 70's k100.real tuff looking thing with super single steers & no paint on front of cab,but the rest was in robbo's colours.pre mayne nik's.ive got a photo but cant upload it for some reason.anyway it was rumored to have a 3408 in it.does anyone remember the truck?does anyone know where it is now?

Brian Turpie has come up with the name Freedy Deeks.

More
5 years 8 months ago #195092 by xspanrman

xspanrman wrote:

352rhd wrote: robbo's from wollongong had a subbie with a early 70's k100.real tuff looking thing with super single steers & no paint on front of cab,but the rest was in robbo's colours.pre mayne nik's.ive got a photo but cant upload it for some reason.anyway it was rumored to have a 3408 in it.does anyone remember the truck?does anyone know where it is now?

Found this pic on FB. The truck that 352rhd describes as having no paint on the front of the mystery KW.
Brian Turpie has come up with the name Freedy Deeks

Attachments:

More
5 years 8 months ago #195099 by Swanny
She was a Seattle banger pulldown door handles short grab handle on side of cab no KW badge but letters KENWORTH on front and near side step .I think originally had only 3 cab amber markers maybe wrong , suppose Werkhorse could correct me

More
3 years 6 months ago #215290 by xspanrman
Robinson's subbie Fred Deeks has provided these first 3 photos and Warren Noakes is credited with the photo of the Hartridge Kenworth. Fred has found that his Kenworth was originally one of Hartridges and sold to Reg Child and then to his son Ray. Ray sold it to Alan Doherty and then another owner until it passed onto Fred who repowered it and worked it for many years. Many modifications over the years.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
3 years 6 months ago #215291 by xspanrman
This is how Fred Deeks truck looked when Ray Child owned it. Photo thanks to Stephen Child
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago #215292 by prodrive
She'd be like grandad's axe that KW eh? Great looking truck. Has it got a silly wheel on it in the Ray Child's photo?
I think Hartridge had a few of these single drive bangers, I can't work out which one is which tho, (or which one is mine..)

Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #215293 by xspanrman
Prodrive, When Ray Child owned the KW it was fitted with a pusher axle. This photo courtesy of Fred Deeks repowering with a 8V92NA GM.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by xspanrman.

Time to create page: 0.698 seconds