Skip to main content

History of Trucks in Cullerin

More
11 years 11 months ago #81150 by Bernie at Gunning
My name is Bernie and I am member of teh Gunning and Dsitrict Historical Society. You may have met me in Gunning either on the Saturday or Sunday of the last "Haulin the Hume".

Hey...I am interested in getting any old photos of Trucks passing through the Cullerin. I know that it was a very trecherous road with lots killed or near misses. I have heard snow was an issue as well as the ocassional flood on the nearby Breadalbane plains.
:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #81151 by Cunning Stunt
I met you Bernie :)

For the record, Bernie was the reason that practically all of the Gunning township and surrounding districts were in the main street when we sailed through.

He is also a major behind the scenes player in the HTH13 run.

Welcome to the Forum Bernie

Some play hard to get

More
11 years 11 months ago #81152 by hayseed
G'day bernie, I've been wracking My brains for this Blokes Name, but It eludes Me.

There used to a bloke who lived in Gunning whose first name was either Bob,or Rob.
Who was an accident chaser for RE-CAR. (But as I said His Surname is something that I can't remember).
I'd imagine he would be (if you track him down) a good source of Info.

Failing that, "wacker" at Yass Towing Service, or Ronnie Pullen at Wagga. Would/should be a veritable Mine of Info.

Hope this helps.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

11 years 11 months ago #81153 by
Replied by on topic Re: History of Trucks in Cullerin
g'day hayseed .. the was a bloke by the name of brown who i knew as a recar chase driver in the late 1980's...rob seems close but i just can't remember..and not sure if he set up camp in gunning

good luck and welcome to the forum bernie....cheers

More
11 years 11 months ago #81154 by Cams290
Hi Bernie,
Di Carrol from Tarcutta and Trans Help runs a face book page called "History of the Hume" on Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/humehighwayhistory/

Heaps of old pics on there !

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds