Replied by Swishy on topic Re: heggie's transport
Noice ol Leyland U got pictured there Danny

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #81249 by
Replied by on topic Re: heggie's transport
...painted an ancient old Heggies W model back in about 1988 that had a 15 RR and 8/71...

.....bringing her back from the Dealer, made sure just as she was screamin' down the street past Freestones i give the Jakes a big long go ;D ;D ;D

...sounded grouse either on the throttle or the Jakes 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
9 years 3 months ago #81250 by Danny
Replied by Danny on topic Re: heggie's transport
Yeah Swishy I think the bloke who shared that pic with the group says it's sittin in a museum over the mountain somewhere. I weren't expecting a pic like that to find its way to the group so was a bonus!

More
9 years 3 months ago #81251 by Danny
I always for some reason thought the Heggies coalies were better powered than that Detective. The blokes around us all drove the table top slimlines then after that the N12s and were always bitching about how the coalies got the best gear lol.. I've come across a few Heggies W model pics for the flickr photo group but no real good ones, mostly black and white. Someone contributed an old Kenworth advert in colour that has 3 or 4 of the Heggies W models lined up. Will try and put on here but has been a while since I did it so not sure I'll remember how.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 3 months ago #81252 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: heggie's transport
Here U go Danny

Try these on fir size

Thanx to the Box Browny owner

They kno hoo they R

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 3 months ago #81253 by Danny
Thanks muchly mate. Have seen those Richard Mohr ones but was never comfortable with using them you know. I'm not up on the copyright stuff and didn't want to get in the shit

More
9 years 3 months ago #81254 by olddon
Replied by olddon on topic Re: heggie's transport
That old Leyland (No 1) used to be in the Bus and Truck Museum at Tempe in Sydney.They relocated to Leichhardt but to date they are not open to the public.(something to do with public liability insurance I was told)

More
9 years 2 months ago - 3 years 1 month ago #81255 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Re: heggie's transport
The 2 K100's slimlines on the coal were acquired as part of the M.H.P. fleet which Heggie's purchased mid seventies. I am sure that they were ex overnighters. Heggie's fleet numbers could have been 371 and 372. I think the drivers that came with the trucks were Stan Clarke from Warilla and Barry Kershaw.
The only White Road Commander that I recall working for Heggie's belonged to Barry Stanley of Corrimal. It was a slimline cab and was an ex East Coast Transport truck. Barry worked from the Bellambi yard with a flattop trailer.
An earlier model cabover White with sleeper ex M.H.P. was traded in (still in M.H.P's colors) at Kenworth Lansvale.I think Bobby Weaver drove this truck.
Scummy's photo. This truck may have been owned by Max Dunbier and driven by Athol? I recall seeing it parked on the Northern Rd near Narellan on weekends. Note it has Heggie.s colors but no signage or fleet number.
I spotted the old Heggie's Leyland at the Motorlife Museum in Dapto (south of Wollongong) about 12 months ago.
The Dodge D2F came with the purchase of Corrimal Transport / Newmac Freightline fleet. Heggie's Bellambi workshop replaced the petrol V8 with a V8 Perkins and 10 speed Roadranger gearbox.Subbie Wayne Harris eventually purchased the Dodge and traded it in on a Kenworth. I last saw the Dodge working as a 4 x 2 tipper for Pioneer at Albion Park Rail.
In the background of the first Richard Mohr photo is a G88 Volvo owned by subbie Tony Sleckies. This G88 had Volvo axles and Mack camelback suspension , complete with bulldogs on the trunnion caps..
Richards second photo has a Clifton Idea Brick Bedford in the background. C.I.B. was a Melbourne brick manufacturing company that Heggie's took over in the
seventies. If you look above the roof mounted sign you can see a small motor. This motor powered the stradell carrier to pick up the loaded bricks ( 2 bundles at a time) then move rearward to the rear of the truck where it ran onto a foldout gantry? before lowering the bricks. It sounds complicated and time consuming, but a lot easier than unloding by hand.
Richard's 3rd photo shows 2 of 6 W model Kenworths. 4 were delivered in 1971 and 2 early 1972. Powered by 8V71 GM's RT915 Roadranger gearbox and after an upgrade Rockwell S.S.H.D. diff,s. The original 38,000lb diffs were a failure.
In the seventies Heggie's also brought out MHP Carrying Company, Alf Greenow, Vince Boland, Sydney Wollongong Transport. Lennon Towers Tallawarra (Edmond T Lennon). and F.J.M.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by xspanrman.

More
9 years 2 months ago #81256 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Re: heggie's transport
Mean't to say Heggie.s took over Clifton Idea Bricks trucks , not the whole company.

9 years 2 months ago #81257 by
Replied by on topic Re: heggie's transport
There you go expanrman
Wayne Harris Kenworth Ex Roy pierce tar tanker
250 Cummins and 38's on page and page which was wore out. We fitted Hendrickson suspension

[IMG

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds