Skip to main content

heggie's transport

More
11 years 11 months ago #81238 by 352rhd
heggie's transport was created by 352rhd
anyone got anything on any of the k100's heggies had?also anything on a road commander they had,apparently it was in a purchase of a transport company from henty.looked around the net,only could find s2's and sar's.old dog or scrummy,this should be up your alley.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #81239 by hummincummins
G'day 352
Are they the slimlines with 290 Cummins in them that you are talking about??? If so Ross Transport still has one running about.
Cheers Ian.

More
11 years 11 months ago #81240 by Scummy
Replied by Scummy on topic Re: heggie's transport
I got only one photo of a cabover kenny and it's in a paddock at the end of it's life , and as far as i know it's still in the graveyard of dumbiers .

More
11 years 11 months ago #81241 by Scummy
Replied by Scummy on topic Re: heggie's transport
Well here she is , not at her best . Photo was takin a long time ago but by lookin around she'd still be there .

More
11 years 11 months ago #81242 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Re: heggie's transport
Scummy, it's a shame to see em like that mate but I guess we can't save them all. Spare parts for sometime in the future. ;) :(

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
9 years 2 months ago #81243 by Danny
Replied by Danny on topic Re: heggie's transport
My first ever run to Sydney was in about 1987 when I was 12yo in the passenger seat of one of the K100 slimlines my neighbour drove for Heggies. KMZ 599(?) I think it was. 290 Cummins, jake, can't remember what box.

We had 3 of their driver's lived all within a block of us - Neil Golinski, Jack Clark (RIP), and racking my brain for the other one who was of the same vintage of Jack, driving with them since the 50s.

I remember a wall calendar they had around that time that Heggies made up for the families, had some great pics of the trucks. Wish now I had asked to keep it.

Only pics I've got now are on my flickr of the two Ross slimlines unfortunately.

More
9 years 2 months ago #81244 by CHIPMONK
Replied by CHIPMONK on topic Re: heggie's transport
i remember TRN had one painted Heggies colours had a 903 in it ex overnighter did around 80 mph down through loddon river jungle jim used to fly it ;)

More
9 years 2 months ago #81245 by Danny
TRN in Heggies colours? Don't remember that one. Was it a slimline? From memory the Heggie's K100 coalies were the bigger 32/36" sleeper, but memory getting a bit foggy now.

More
9 years 2 months ago #81246 by CHIPMONK
Replied by CHIPMONK on topic Re: heggie's transport
yep heggies colours slim line i'll see if i can find a pic jungles still works for them

More
9 years 2 months ago #81247 by Danny
Be good to see the pic mate. Btw I've put together a group on flickr in the past 9 months, is just Wollongong and South Coast trucks pics. Tryin to get as many together from back in the day as we can. Have 9 or 10 members so far and 60 or 70 pics. Link is www.flickr.com/groups/2713058@N23/ if you're interested in having a look. If ya've got pics feel free to join up and upload onto the group mate.

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds