Skip to main content

heggie's transport

More
9 years 1 day ago #81278 by stuckingear
Replied by stuckingear on topic Re: heggie's transport
pretty dumb not to have a modify button when my routine is to make mistakes :D

might have to add a disclaimer on every post :o ;D ;D

While every care has been exercised in compiling and publishing the data contained in this post

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 22 hours ago #81279 by Danny
Replied by Danny on topic Re: heggie's transport
Rippa pic stuckingear! That's the kind of thing I've been looking for. Is it alright if I take it and put on the flickr group I run "Wollongong trucks"?

Btw are you really in Guildford?

More
9 years 22 hours ago #81280 by stuckingear
Replied by stuckingear on topic Re: heggie's transport
danny not sure where i got the pic i never took the pic but have had it for years, use it why not it makes people happy
wouldnt mind some info on it myself.

Yes Guildford N.S.W Ex Capertee/Mudgee and rather be back out that way to be honest.

While every care has been exercised in compiling and publishing the data contained in this post

More
8 years 11 months ago #81281 by Danny
Oh right gotya mate. Never knew we had a Guildford in Oz. I live in England now and Guildford is 5 miles from me so thought you were there!! Was gonna say next time you're in Woking stop in at the house with the Peterbilt 379 in the front yard lol

8 years 11 months ago #81282 by
Replied by on topic Re: heggie's transport
..we've got a Guildford in Victoria...not far from Newstead or Castlemaine in the goldfields country 8-) 8-)

More
8 years 11 months ago #81283 by Danny
I always assumed the name Guildford was associated with the old trade guilds. Did we even have guilds in Oz?

More
6 years 9 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #183326 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Re: heggie's transport
This picture shows 3 areas of Heggie's Transport trucks at the Bellambi yard in the early 70's.. An AB Cummins powered International that was reguarly used to carry beer and bricks. A Cummins powered ERF on coal Haulage and a Perkins powered International on parcel deliveries.

Subbie Tony Sleckie's AEC

Heggie's subbie Les Henderson. This new KW ,painted in the colors of Clifton Idea Bricks of Craigieburn ,near Melbourne. Heggie' took over CIB transport needs in the early 70's.

A Leyland 400 Bedford that came with the purchase of transport operator .G Sorrell of Thirroul . The Heggie's paintwork was only a couple of weeks old when it was forced off the road and wrecked.

1971 and 4 of 6 new Kenworths at the Bellambi yard. 8v 71 GM's RT915 Gearboxes 38,000 Rockwell diffs (upgraded to SSHD 44,ooolbs after many diff failures) and wedge brakes.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by xspanrman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

More
6 years 9 months ago #183328 by xspanrman
Heggie's first Kenworth Fleet Number 211 at the end of its working days. Heggie's Manager told me that as he attended a funeral for 211's first driver's Col Woods that 211 had caught fire. Photo credit to the Illawarra CB Radio Assossiation reunion disc.

Cab off a Leyland Hippo coal truck. Cab damaged during removal. Didn't matter as truck was in "the graveyard" and the engine was only needed for another truck. In the background an AEC .

Heggie's Scammell Routeman 8x2 with another of Sorrells S model Bedfords.

2 Photo's of another ERF 8x4 with dog trailer waiting to load bricks at the Bellambi yard. The ERF went to the Queanbeyan yard shortly after. The dog trailer was briefly hooked up to the Scammell in the previous photo. The Scammell also spent some time at Heggie's Queanbeyan

The following user(s) said Thank You: wouldyou, PaulFH, Southbound

More
6 years 9 months ago #183697 by xspanrman
Her's a couple of trucks that came with the purchase of Newmac Freightlines / Corrimal Transport
One of two , 6.354 Perkins powered Dodges.

A LS and LPS 1418 Mercedes Benz's and a Dodge in front of one of Heggie's Bellambi storage sheds.

LS 1418 photographed at Montague st Fairy Meadow. Opposite Newmac's yard

LS 1418 at the Bellambi yard. In the background a Heggie's Austin. In the early years Heggie's had a few Austins carting bricks. This one usually carted beer.

Subbie Tony Slecky's AEC and in the background a Corrimal Transport Commer Knocker loaded with gyprock plasterboard pallets. There was a couple of these model Commers as well as one with the earlier smaller cab and with a 4 speed gearbox pulling a trailer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jumbo, PaulFH

More
6 years 9 months ago #183698 by xspanrman

Danny wrote: Very very interesting stuff. Especially the story of the F88, was real surprised to see that pic amongst the ones you gave Snaws2! Never realised we had any F88/89s running about the Gong.

The picture that Snaws 2 posted for me actually belonged to Nubley Bros at Fairy Meadow. Not the one owned by Heggie's. Volvo used Nubley's truck in a full page advertisement in the Truck and Bus Transportation magazine. Heggie's F88 was driven by Brian Hunter when new and later Graeme Kenny and Viv Turner.

Time to create page: 0.650 seconds