Skip to main content

Re: Brambles Port Kembla 1960's

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #95644 by diesel-den
Hi Guys
I called in on a mate of mine the other day and we had a yarn about his dad driving trucks for Brambles at Port Kembla in the 60's. His name is Norm Newman and at the time have lived next to me at Wombarra, north of Wollongong N.S.W. A couple of pictures were unearthed and I decided to share them on here. Thats Norm in the white shirt in front of the tree. His trick is the B model with the "B" on the bullbar. Norm had a mate, Leo who drove the other B model and together they pulled and pushed huge loads all over the country. I dont know where they were parkedup in the pic but sure have a great range of old jiggers there.

Just another day in the office for Norm dont know where this pic was taken but looks a bit like the rock cutting Wollongong end of Piction Rd near the colliery turn off.

Heres a few more of different trips.

Hers one for you "Cam"

Thant all for now enjoy
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by diesel-den.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oldpart

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #95645 by Mrsmackpaul
like them but how do I make them bigger so that i can see them :)

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
11 years 6 months ago #95646 by diesel-den
had some technical prob but this should be better sorry

More
11 years 6 months ago #95647 by bigcam
Good Start mate, just depends how they are scanned as to the size.
Have a bit of look/play with your scanner settings you may be able to get them a bit bigger, though it depends on the program you use.
Another option is to just take a photo of the photo with a digital camera if you have trouble working it out.
Great pictures, I like the White 2064.

More
11 years 6 months ago #95648 by diesel-den
Thanks for the info Cam.
Been here for a couple of hours nuttin this out , we will see what occurs next go.

More
11 years 6 months ago #95649 by mammoth
To identify the line up of trucks; S21 Foden; Leyland with 'mouth organ' cab (1956-61) Comet or Beaver or Hippo?; TK type Bedford; Leyland with LAD cab (1961-64) Comet or Beaver or Hippo? last one has me stumped, maybe a Merc?

More
11 years 6 months ago #95650 by werkhorse
327-337-338 merc i think

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
11 years 6 months ago #95651 by hummincummins
G'day Brooksy,
Are you planning to go to the reunion on Saturday.I have borrowed and scanned some photos to put on a slide show with some photos from that era, and hopefully some of Brambles drivers from the "old days"to tell some stories.
By the way do you know of or remember Phil Lennon.He used to live on the main road at Coledale when he wasn't driving all over Aust.in his 180 painted TNT colours.
Cheers HC

More
11 years 6 months ago #95652 by diesel-den
Hi Hummin. This date snuck up on me and i am unable to attend the reunion, shoud be a good night if most of the illawarra guys make it there. Some colourful characters down here Hummin !!!. I remember abloke with a truck i thought was a r190 in Coldale but that was a long while ago, may have been a 180 and now the name rings afaint bell. cheers Den.

More
11 years 6 months ago #95653 by Scummy

To identify the line up of trucks; S21 Foden; Leyland with 'mouth organ' cab (1956-61) Comet or Beaver or Hippo?; TK type Bedford; Leyland with LAD cab (1961-64) Comet or Beaver or Hippo? last one has me stumped, maybe a Merc?

Could be a federal ???? :-/

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds