Skip to main content

OSHKOSH

More
9 years 6 months ago #106309 by olddon
Replied by olddon on topic Re: OSHKOSH
I seem to remember some mob called Freight Transfer used to run some of these between Sydney and Adelaide sometime in the early 60's.They were silver and orange from memory

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
9 years 6 months ago #106310 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: OSHKOSH

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
9 years 6 months ago #106311 by ronnieb
Replied by ronnieb on topic Re: OSHKOSH
I have pics for here.how do I enter them.my father byrne Bloomfield was the manager.cheers Ron

More
9 years 6 months ago #106312 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Re: OSHKOSH
Little bit off the topic, but Express Freight (later taken over by Sheppard/United) ran two slim line cabover Oshkosh, 1674 Cats with 13 speed R/Rangers. Plastic cabs that also used to be quite heavily built. Can still remember one called "Fat Cat", bloke by the name of Bill ended up buying it from the company, used to go West with it. Other was bought by a bloke by the name of Dick, remember him showing me a photo of half a dozen trucks bogged in the mud on the way to Darwin, I think. Long time ago, reckon the road had been sealed for a while now. Be interesting to know whatever happened to them.
Cheers, Dave

More
9 years 6 months ago #106313 by ronnieb
that's interesting.I know 1 of the old girls went to a rob east. from gawler .if use to run to oodnadatta and another ran the west coast painted black and re powered with a bigger cat in it.we had 6 total cheers Ron.ps I am an ex Trucker as well.dad long good.if loved them trucks

More
9 years 6 months ago #106314 by ronnieb
how do I add pictures?

More
9 years 6 months ago #106315 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: OSHKOSH

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
9 years 6 months ago #106316 by ronnieb
ok thanks for the picture advice, will have to get my laptop fixed.I am doing it all from my mobile phone.its not letting me.so if someone can send me their email address-if that is allowable! I can email them and perhaps you can put them on your site for all to see.there is only currently 3 pics cheers Ron ronniebb55@gmail.com

More
9 years 6 months ago #106317 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: OSHKOSH
cant wait to see some photos i think the OSHKOSH trucks could also be used as a tank ? ;) they were tough

More
9 years 6 months ago #106318 by wreckerpat
Replied by wreckerpat on topic Re: OSHKOSH
Hi all, Ron has fowarded some photos to me, along with a little more info to go with them, here go's

Cheers Pat

"The oshkosh photos were taken in our yard at Maddox Street Alexandria in Sydney, we had 6 of them and the Commer was at Rankin Springs from memory. Unfortunately they are all black and white as it was those days...Most of the freight those days were Exide batterys,Swallows,Lever and Kitchen,and the main was Air Chief radios with GMH panels. Dad ran the show for Ron Bright.they both have since passed.regards Ron

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds