9 years 7 months ago #106319 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Re: OSHKOSH
That Commer, looks like an AEC.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #106320 by cemeNTepede
Replied by cemeNTepede on topic Re: OSHKOSH
Mmmm...Mandator

Welcome any info or pictures of 60s Australian AEC Mustangs (Leyland Comet lookalikes)

More
9 years 7 months ago #106321 by Scummy
Replied by Scummy on topic Re: OSHKOSH
G,day dave , the dog here . Dick forest from liverpool owed the one that was used on the northern run and made it into truckin life with the photo's of it bogged down with the others .

Little bit off the topic, but Express Freight (later taken over by Sheppard/United) ran two slim line cabover Oshkosh, 1674 Cats with 13 speed R/Rangers. Plastic cabs that also used to be quite heavily built. Can still remember one called "Fat Cat", bloke by the name of Bill ended up buying it from the company, used to go West with it. Other was bought by a bloke by the name of Dick, remember him showing me a photo of half a dozen trucks bogged in the mud on the way to Darwin, I think. Long time ago, reckon the road had been sealed for a while now. Be interesting to know whatever happened to them.
Cheers, Dave

More
9 years 7 months ago #106322 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Re: OSHKOSH
Hi Scummy,

You are spot on, Dick Forrest, couldn't remember his surname! Other chap with "Fat Cat" was from memory, Billy Neville. Used to mix dozer operating with trucking. Hell of a knowledgeable as well as a nice bloke.

Dave

More
9 years 7 months ago #106323 by Scummy
Replied by Scummy on topic Re: OSHKOSH
i dont remember the other one just dickies one .

More
6 years 9 months ago #185149 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Re: OSHKOSH
Does anyone know who owned this new Oshkosh logging truck that I photographed at Ulladulla on the Princes Hwy about 1970.
Looking back at the photo I wish that I had taken a photo of the AEC parked behind the Oshkosh.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, Southbound

More
6 years 9 months ago #185152 by Dave_64
THINK, it was owned/bought by a chap from Woolongong, for the life of me can't think of his name. BUT, if it's the one I think it is, came out originally with an air change P8516 Spicer 4X4 transmission which was later swapped out for a bushranger, may have even been running a Spicer auxilliary behind that.
Very H/D at the time, as I said if it's the one I'm thinking of, I ended up with the Spicer box. Bloke told me at the time that he wanted the extra gearing to "dock the Queen Mary".
Big unit in it's heyday.
Dave.

More
6 years 9 months ago #185176 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: OSHKOSH
Is that the box that went into the Peterbilt Dave ???

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
6 years 9 months ago #185183 by Dave_64
Yes
The following user(s) said Thank You: werkhorse

More
6 years 9 months ago #185186 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Re: OSHKOSH
Tow truck operator Arthur Molloy from Woonona , just north of Wollongong had a cabover E Series Oshkosh in the 80's.

The next photo I have had in my photo album for over 40 years. It was taken by Warren Noakes who worked with my brother in law in the 70's. Warren loaned my brother in law his collection of truck photos on slides so that I could view them . I was lucky to get copies of some of them.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, Mrsmackpaul

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds