Skip to main content

Vale Ron Hovey

More
9 years 3 months ago #152940 by tim
Vale Ron Hovey was created by tim
Ron Hovey, Hovey's Transport from North Geelong Passed away yesterday. Ron was in his 80's. He was a former great Cats footballer going on to be the club President after his playing days were over.
Hovey's had stock transport for many years before moving on to groceries & had quite a fleet of Ford Louisvilles, powered by petrol V8 engines which were converted to lpg. RIP Ron.

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #152941 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: Vale Ron Hovey
There was a fair bit about him on the news last night and in the newspaper, RIP Ron

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

9 years 3 months ago #152942 by
Replied by on topic Re: Vale Ron Hovey
I remember seeing Hovey's transport around Melbourne with the black stripe with yellow writing always looked good . Dave R.I.P.

More
9 years 3 months ago #152943 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: Vale Ron Hovey
I remember riding in there trucks from the shop at Beech Forest down to our farm we would ride our bikes up to the 3 mile shop and meet the drivers they would chuck the bike on the back and we would show them how to get down to the farm were we load spuds no were for the trucks to turn around up there then if they went the wrong way
It always amazed me those petrol V8's
RIP Ron

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds