Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Overseas for a month

Overseas for a month 24 Dec 2016 08:12 #177462

• Roderick Smith
  • Roderick Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 164
Hi all,
I was with a group tour in North Korea for 10 days, followed by 18 days solo through China, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. Internet access is banned in DPRK, and was slow and flaky elsewhere. Hence, a month of silence. I didn't see many interesting trucks or buses anywhere: mainly modern types. Any photos to be published have to be submitted to our tour guides for approval. One of the rules was no photographing of anything giving the impression of DPRK being backward (so photography of bullock wagons was banned). I did get some of vintage Russian types, but I doubt that approval will be forthcoming. Vietnam has forged ahead. A land of 70 m people, and (seemingly) 70 m motorcycles.

Roderick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Overseas for a month 24 Dec 2016 22:38 #177515

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Thank you received: 351
Rodders glad you survived the trip we have no idea of just how lucky we are out here

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Overseas for a month 25 Dec 2016 00:21 #177518

• jimbo51
  • Thank you received: 25
I was there not so recently so here you go.......

And I think the one on the right is operating under some local version of PBS....lol

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roderick Smith

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.475 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558