Skip to main content

Vale - Laurie Dawber

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #89109 by bparo
Vale - Laurie Dawber was created by bparo
I got news today that Laurie Dawber passed away suddenly earlier this week. A fellow HCVC Member rang him to see if he wanted to go to the dinner on Sunday but was told that Laurie couldn't make it due to a stomach bug. He had been suffering a few health issues recently with his good leg playing up. That member got a call today to say Laurie had passed away but wasn't sure if it was Sunday or Monday.

Laurie was a wealth of knowledge which he shared and was good for a yarn or 2. He signed up myself to the HCVC along with many others as he manned the HCVC tent at the Display Days. He was on the committee in several positions over the years and acted as a point of contact for member enquiries and administration duties. His practical experience of trucks dated back to his tour of duty in Korea during the war.

A loyal HCVC supporter he will be sorely missed.

Due to circumstances his body is with the coroner so funeral arrangements can not be made. Further information will be posted as it comes to hand

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by bparo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #89110 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: Vale - Laurie Dawber
Laurie will be sadly missed as Bruce said he was always up for a chat. You could go and get the rego papers signed and stamped and spend the next hour or two talking to Laurie or finding out what changers were going to happen. RIP ol mate and keep on truckin with the HCVC upstairs looking down on us.

l think it would be nice to see many members trucks at the funeral to show our respect for a man who did a lot of work for the Club. podge :-[ :'( :'(

11 years 8 months ago #89111 by
Replied by on topic Re: Vale - Laurie Dawber
Yes I will miss the old fella when you come into a meeting and there was Laurie in the chair one leg on the ground .

And him telling us about his beloved Sicma and the wine tours and his sons Bedstead in Qld rest in peace old fella he now will be in arm of his wife Berris. Dave :'( :'(

More
11 years 8 months ago #89112 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Vale - Laurie Dawber
I just checked the Herald-Sun website and Tuesday's notices are there. The details of Laurie's last ride are

DAWBER. - The Funeral Service to celebrate the life of Laurie Dawber will be held in the Federation Chapel, Lilydale Memorial Park 126-128 Victoria Rd, Lilydale TOMORROW (Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2012) at 3.30 p.m.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
11 years 8 months ago #89113 by camma
Replied by camma on topic Re: Vale - Laurie Dawber
Firstly, I send my condolances to the Dawber Family and Friends.

Is anyone organising a convoy or just turn up in the truck?

Please help me. I need Commer Parts

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #89114 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: Vale - Laurie Dawber
A few of us are meeting at Le Pines Box Hill around 1.50pm-2.00pm tomorrow, (not sure how many) and running out to Lilydale cemetery. Hopefully there will be a few trucks there.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by ray.

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds