Skip to main content

RIP John Coombs, Mansfield Vic

More
11 years 8 months ago #89537 by scratcha
Hey all, Just had a call to tell me, Coombsy has passed on.

He had a huge influence on my upbringing, during my teenage years keeping me off the streets and out of trouble.

Gave me the joy of the Detroit purr.

He ran a Diamond Reo inline 6-71, cab over Kenworth 8v71 with the pull down door handles, 1418 benz, and a real early cab over white, 4-71 single. He carted logs, sheep, did general interstate and wharf work.

I hadn't seen him for a few years and now wish I had of taken the time to catch up.

Gone but no forgotten.

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #89538 by steveb
Slasher,sorry to here of the loss of John.Between John and your dad, they ,gave you the gift of the love of a GM at full cry.Only when you are introduced to the great sound do you appreciate our given gift to like the sound of our favorite motors regards steveb

More
11 years 8 months ago #89539 by scratcha
Put the old bloke in the ground today, many funny stories and events where recalled, couple of beers & tears. ,but many more laughs. Saw some ripper photos of his trucks & triumphs. Hope to get a few to share. A bloke can only hope to be remembered as the king of bloke that I remember Coombs to be.

More
11 years 7 months ago #89540 by Slasha
Hey Scratcha
It would be good to see some of those photos ;D
We lived down the road from John for many years at Mt Battery.
Cheers
Slasha [smiley=beer.gif]

1974 White Road Boss

More
11 years 7 months ago #89541 by scratcha
I gotta drink less before I post,that last post of mine reads terribly, Ah well, it was a big day! ;)

I plan to contact Bill or Matt davies, Matt was a great mate to John right up until his death, and his Dad, Bill drove for John for years. Im pretty sure they wouldnt mind me copying them and sharing with you blokes.

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds