Skip to main content

Vale Ron Boland

More
11 years 8 months ago #89611 by bigcam
Vale Ron Boland was created by bigcam
Hi All, seems like a heap of RIP's in the last couple of days.
I do the newsletter for the Heritage Truck Assoc and I email it to anyone who is interested when it goes to the printers. I got a return Email from Ron's wife Jeanette today leeting me know the Ron died last month. I must admit I never met Ron face to face, but I've had some intersting phone conversation's with him over the years, as well as exchanging quite a few Emails. As far as I know Ron was one of the founding members of the Golden Oldies, and a few of the Peterbilt affiendo's out there will also know tht Ron owned one of the early ones.
I first spoke to Ron after I figured out the pair of us were each bidding on the same things on fleabay, mostly old Truck and Bus mags. It didn't take long to get into an interesting conversation with Ron and obviously we both worked out what we would bid on on fleabay, LOL. Ron was a generous bloke and posted me a few odds and ends over the years. Anyway it was a bit of sad news for the day.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #89612 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Vale Ron Boland
I heard that some Golden oldies members were planning a guard of honour with trucks at the funeral. Don't know what happened.

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #89613 by
Replied by on topic Re: Vale Ron Boland
...very sad to hear of Rons passing ...he was always proud of his connections with the peterbilt era and was the same with his white 4000 years later.... R.I.P.

More
11 years 8 months ago #89614 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Vale Ron Boland
Mammoth, I'll copy and paste a bit off Jeanette's Email here, I'm sure she won't mind.-

He had a lovley funeral, The golden Oldies Truck Club bought the little trucks out and all went of well. or as well as funerals go.

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds