Skip to main content

Haulin' the Hume 2017

More
7 years 6 months ago #174779 by Cunning Stunt
Hi Everyone

Now that the Clarendon Classic & Kenworth Klassic shows have come to an end, I'm getting bored so thought I'd get Haulin the Hume on for next year.

The date has changed thanks to a venue double booking me :angry: ...........anyway, here's the details. Entry forms are available so you can email me and I'll forward them to you at bruce@prodrivecompliance.com.au

April 8th is the weekend, hope you can make it

Some play hard to get
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #174789 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Haulin' the Hume 2017
Hi Guys!
Has anyone got any way of blowing the number plate up on that single drive Pete of Eastoe's on the flyer?
I'm wondering if it is "IS 4337" ??
If it is, that truck had quite a bit of money spent on it when it was sent to their ( 'Eastoe's') Sydney depot, I was lucky enough to have driven quite a few miles in her, if it is indeed the same one. Always had a soft spot for her, an immaculate bit of gear for it's age.
Dave_64

More
7 years 6 months ago #174790 by Dave_64
I tried to enlarge the above, but just keeps distorting. I have had another look at it, and those disc type wheels have thrown me because I'm sure that IS4337 had either 5 or 6 cleat spiders??
Thanks, Dave_64

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #174792 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Haulin' the Hume 2017
Dave, I reckon there's a good chance Defective will be able to furnish the rego Number for you..

PS: Bruce Email the Entry Form to forum@hcvc.com.au & someone will post it for you.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by hayseed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
7 years 6 months ago #174819 by Dave_64
'Tective,,
Thanks for the updates on the French 6X6 Pete's, thought that they may have faded away into the mists of time, looking forward to any further news forthcoming. BTW, did you happen to notice the flyer put up with the snap of the single drive Eastoe's Pete pulling the old closed bogie alloy freezer?
I couldn't blow the photo up enough to read the number plate, photo kept distorting. At first glance I thought it was IS4337, but on a second look, noticed the disc type wheels on the front axle were 10 stud and I am almost certain that the one I drove for a while based in Sydney, was running either 5 or 6 cleat spiders..
The era I was referring to, Eastoes were still running the single drives (on local), I know they had the two in Sydney, one had been fully refurbished, and I think there were still two on local in Moorabin (Vic). To the best of my memory, they were all the same spec's, 250 Cummins, 4X4 Spicers and R170 Rockwell single drives.
Probably all of this has been well documented before, but seeing that Pete on the flyer had me scratching my head re the rego.
Cheers, Dave_65

More
7 years 6 months ago #174826 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Haulin' the Hume 2017
I know where there is a eastoes pete same as that sitting north of Sydney.

More
7 years 6 months ago #174829 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Haulin' the Hume 2017
Hi Dave, the rego is IS-3166. I heard that there were 4 single drive Pete's...................2 x spider rim trucks and 2 x ten stud disc. There is a spider rim truck in Sydney being restored and also a mint original one up the North Coast from Sydney that I think Melon was talking about.

I'll email entry forms Seed, thanks mate

Some play hard to get

More
7 years 6 months ago #174832 by Dave_64
Thanks for the Assist, all. Would like to know a bit more about the one in Sydney and the one in mint condition on the North Coast, if anyone has any more info.
Thanks, Dave_64

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #174845 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Haulin' the Hume 2017
No need to email the Forms Cunning..
I found 'em floating around on facebook...LOL

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by hayseed. Reason: typo

More
7 years 6 months ago #174855 by defective
Replied by defective on topic Haulin' the Hume 2017

Cunning Stunt wrote: Hi Dave, the rego is IS-3166. I heard that there were 4 single drive Pete's...................2 x spider rim trucks and 2 x ten stud disc. There is a spider rim truck in Sydney being restored and also a mint original one up the North Coast from Sydney that I think Melon was talking about.

I'll email entry forms Seed, thanks mate

Hi Dave .. Eastoes had 7 in total between 1964 and 1969...all were 4X2 when purchased although 2 were converted to Page & Page tandem drive in the late 1960's. Three of these 4X2 Petes (including IS-3166) were traded along with a 250 powered ERF in 1969 on four 250 powered cabover Kenworths. The other four (2 tandems and 2 single drives) soldiered on with them up until the mid 1970's. 6 out of the 7 still survive with 3 of them still single drive....IS-3166 being the unfortunate one to be totalled when burnt out and destroyed near Inglewood QLD in the early 1970's, killing the driver Dennis Rae.

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds