Skip to main content

Rocklea this weekend.

More
6 years 11 months ago #182759 by asw120
Rocklea this weekend. was created by asw120
Who's going? The mighty little ASW will be there.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #182765 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Rocklea this weekend.
probably

More
6 years 11 months ago #182825 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Rocklea this weekend.
Think there's a few from Vic on the way up.

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
6 years 11 months ago #182827 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Rocklea this weekend.
Unfortunately,looks like it might be wet .

More
6 years 11 months ago #182905 by LN700
Replied by LN700 on topic Rocklea this weekend.
Rocklea 20/5/17

LN700 B) B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffb, tim, Mrsmackpaul, asw120

More
6 years 11 months ago #182906 by LN700
Replied by LN700 on topic Rocklea this weekend.
Some More Rocklea

LN700 B) :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: geoffb, busman, tim, wouldyou, Mrsmackpaul, Tacho

More
6 years 11 months ago #182917 by tim
Replied by tim on topic Rocklea this weekend.
That little Grey Commer in the first set of photo,s brings back some memories. Pulling a single axle Fruehauf pan with vacuum brakes for Alltrans. Cheers Tim ;)

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
6 years 11 months ago #182922 by JOHN.K.
D2F Dodge(thats what they called it} with a v8 Cummins.I might be wrong,but I think it might be ex RAAF,just from the two D s on the front bumper.I have one the same with the original 361V8 in it.Both came from Amberley,one was good,mine was full of bog,as I found out after about 2 years.

More
6 years 10 months ago #183179 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Rocklea this weekend.
Well the old Mack, Chocs, Gilly, Braggsy, Tony, and a few other other wanderers went for a drive up to the Rocklea show-
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the organisers, and the top travelling and camping companions, for a great weekend (and a great road trip). Met some great people, caught up with a few we hadn't seen for a while, talked a lot of crap, saw some good jiggers, drank a bit too much...
Certainly worth the bloody expensive a long drive!
Chocs put in a MASSIVE effort to get the green Tramcar ready, bloody heroic really, considering a few weeks ago you wouldn't drive it around the block. But the old fella got it into his head, and despite me and many other people tyelling him multiple times "ya bloody mad, take the other RUNNING Transtar thats sitting there".. Nup, he was up and into it...The list was mind blowing- sleeper cab off, fill back window, change from air wipers to electric, tyres, guards, window regs, seats in and out, lights, exhaust, rip off bull bar and fit bumper bar, bog and fibreglass, paint, service, seat belts, roadworthy, rego... and thats probably about half of it, if that.
Made it up, and back, in one peice, no dramas, no breakdowns apart from a wiring short in Dubbo (errant tek screw). He even managed tyo do a bit of a delivery of an Acco backend from Finley to Dubbo to help out another old truck nut.
Bloody credit to you, old mate, mighty well done. And Roz for sitting there and putting up with it, on a welded up solid seat. And still smiling.
How good is that.
Thanks ..... appreciate your company.
Cheers
Richard

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tim

More
6 years 10 months ago #183189 by JOHN.K.
My hats off to the private guys who drive long distances to this show.All out of their own pockets.Of course even the company owned trucks have drivers etc giving their time,but expenses are on the taxman.There used to be a 50s Foden in original (read rough) condition driven from Sydney,I havent seen it for a while.

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds