Skip to main content

2017 American Iron & Australian Road Transport Echuca Sep 9&10

More
6 years 7 months ago #185499 by bparo

The flyer arrived electronically last night. The annual show is on at the usual venue.
I believe it's the 11th show as I found photos from 2007

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #185502 by steveb
At least a dozen coming from East Gippsland to support this great annual event..........BRING IT ON !

More
6 years 7 months ago #186295 by bparo
2 weeks and the trucks will be rolling in

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 7 months ago #186297 by Swishy
Not Only
But Also
U got
Echuca, Wangaratta & Deniliquin same weakend

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/5967

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/5645

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p403x403/20914439_1625317037492682_9003393550580503126_n.jpg?oh=166b162f23217bc380787bb55fc6c82f&oe=5A21999B

cya

ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
6 years 7 months ago #186339 by steveb
Who's going to Echuca????????????????

More
6 years 7 months ago #186341 by Morris
Too many events on the same weekend!
I am going to the Shepparton Swap Meet. Paid for my site at last years swap.
I can't go to Echuca because I want to support the HCVCA at Wangaratta. I can only go on the Saturday because of the swap, which is Sunday only.

Morris,
With Jeff and Jackie and Pam?

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
6 years 7 months ago #186356 by bparo
of the events on that weekend the Shepparton swap is the oldest

then it's the ATHS Echuca Show which is in it's 10th year

then either last year or the one before a professional mob started the Deniliquin show. It's mainly aimed at modern trucks and has had a different format each year. If you want to put your truck in the show they used to charge you $50 regardless of the vehicle. That lead to a number of Historic Trucks continuing on to Echuca.

Why the HCVC chose to start a new show on the weekend of an existing one is something that surprises me. There was a poorly attended, dying car show in Wangaratta in September so maybe they approached the HCVC to try revive that before it died. There was another short-lived truck show in Wang that ran with a Rodeo. Both those events died.

It's a pity as there had been a "gentleman's agreement" reached between the clubs where they wouldn't hold events on each other's shows. It seems to have been conveniently forgotten.

I would like to see a show in Wangaratta succeed but as I have a houseful of guests who are in town for the Echuca Show I can't make it on that weekend. Maybe they should look for other dates for Wangaratta in 2018

More
6 years 7 months ago #186368 by Dodge fan
:ohmy:

Playing around at Dodge City
Dodge AT4-760&&FB Holden Ute

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 7 months ago #186371 by Swishy
BruceMan
Gudday m8

RE: the HCVC chose to start a new show on the weekend of an existing one is something that surprises me

all the shows are too slo getn the info outhere ... should B brochures from 11 or 12 months ago with the date of next show including the year clearly written ( as when googling the event sumtimes a brochure will B found th@ is years old n not on same weekend as the one U B look n 4)
also there should B a central point where shows can all advertize there brochure etc
the best eye kno is Pinky's tiz a info Australia wide

www.pinky.com.au/victoria.htm

cya

ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
6 years 7 months ago #186382 by bparo
while the flyers weren't out the clubs were aware of the date via discussions. Echuca is always the weekend after father's day (or includes the 2nd Sunday in September) and the dates were available at last years show.
Maffra is the last weekend in November (which was the HCVC's date until Sandown kept moving it and it then moved to Yarra Glen)

Yarra Glen is the weekend after Cup Day. Imagine the uproar if someone started a show in Yea or Healesville that weekend as the flyer wasn't out.
The Deniliquin Collector's show and Clarendon are always the same weekend however the former is more of a steam rally and the later a truck show so slightly different target audiences

The other issue with flyers is that if you are too early then people lose or ignore them. They are really to get to the public to the show so more than 2 to 3 months before the event loses the impact.

By the way are you a shareholder in Pinkys? lol.
I take your point about an event list/calendar like they do for Fun Runs so that major truck shows don't clash. I know about the Fun Run one from my volunteer work at Puffing Billy in the 1990's. It's not that hard to do (and could even be done via the events list here). The hardest bit is getting the information from the clubs and getting them to work together

Time to create page: 0.868 seconds