Skip to main content

Chrysler Festival Adelaide

More
6 years 1 month ago #191543 by Dodgeydude
Me and Dodgey are heading to this tomorrow, anyone else? Open to Dodge, Valiant etc. Display is in the old MAB and may the last time ever to get some pic's inside the old factory. Drop in, say Hello, talk BS......

Many useful things fall off trucks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #191545 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Chrysler Festival Adelaide
We went to the Chrysler Festival in Brisbane a couple of years ago with a 1924 Dodge ute, two 50/60 Dodge trucks and three WW2 Dodge Weapon Carriers.

We were allocated a slot on the side of the oval separate from and far to the rear of the main display. A Valiant based 1960's Dodge ute in our group was asked to leave us for the main display line. About three people out of the 1,000 in the crowd came over to look at our vehicles (some people never knew Chrysler ever made commercial vehicles unless it was a 2015 fully imported Dodge Ram). The garishly "restored" Valiants and imported American Chrysler family 60/70 cars were what it was all about.

Lang
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Lang.

More
6 years 1 month ago #191565 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Chrysler Festival Adelaide
You'd have been disappointed if you went to this one for trucks, there was a Fargo ute, an international car carrier and 5 AT4\D5Ns biggest was a 3 series.

More
6 years 1 month ago #191566 by 600Dodge
Attachments:

More
6 years 1 month ago #191574 by Dodgeydude
Yes but flying the flag for Australian Trucks. Of the AT4's there was that twin cab, an ex Ambo and another with a big diesel set up to tow a 5th wheeler and a tow truck. Not often I feel ordinary!
At one time there were 4 AT4 owners having a chat, good fun. If one of them was 600Dodge, I was the hairy one :lol:

More
6 years 1 month ago #191579 by 600Dodge
I didn't get to chat to any other Dodge owners, I had a chat to the bloke with ex ambo down the port a couple of weeks ago who seemed a nice bloke, I did hear the owner of the Cummins diesel unit telling someone how good it was so I just kept walking, if I wanted to hear BS about diesels i'd ring toyota. The AT4 wellbody was a nice original old girl but it looked like someone loved it as it was, something I could never do.

More
6 years 1 month ago #191583 by 600Dodge
Neat AT4 stepside, If it was mine the sixpile would be gone.
Attachments:

More
6 years 1 month ago #191599 by Dodgeydude
Yes Mate that was me. No intention of changing it.
The Crummins bloke loved his truck as well. Drove it from Brisbane... Bit like Grandads axe, he had modified everything, so was it really a Dodge still :whistle:

More
6 years 1 month ago #191604 by 600Dodge
I like everything about it, except the six, much like the red one.

Time to create page: 0.562 seconds